Lexmark X2470 Color Printer and Scanner
  • I bought the Lexmark Color Printer model number X2470 when the one I had received with my new computer stopped working
  • The only thing I like the software for is to edit old photos that I can scan, otherwise the software is beyond help

• by Alpa2zulu

I bought the Lexmark Color Printer model number X2470 when the one I had received with my new computer stopped working. I tried to find the one that I already had or the closest thing to it because I liked it so much, but I ended up with a crappy imitation. The Lexmark was disappointing in so many ways even though it worked in the most basic sense.

One of my biggest pet peeves with the scanner and copier was the software that it came with. It worked fine when it came to editing and all that, and I actually appreciated all the editing options that it offered, but

otherwise it was laborious and time consuming to get through just to complete a simple scan. If you used the buttons on the face of the scanner it was easy enough and the scanner did its job, but if you decided to use the software to control the scanning process it took twice as long as it should have and sometimes you have to use the software rather than the buttons.

One of the other big oversights is that there is no override button so if someone hits something there is no way to cancel it out right away other than trying to beat the printer using the computer

control panel and stopping the whole thing. Most of the time that does not happen though because that is a many stepped process so I just have to let the copier go ahead and do what it was set to do.

One of the smaller things that really bugs me about the printer copier portion of the Lexmark is that it does not allow for you to gray out printing and always prints in color when there is color. Even though there might be color on a webpage I don’t always want it to print out in color, but there is no way to cancel that out and gray ...

• Lexmark X2470 Color Printer and Scanner
      out the color prints to use black and white and save ink. This can get to be very expensive especially since the printer works on a single cartridge that stores both the color and the black ink.

The printer itself is an ink hog. I don’t get a lot of pages out of the cartridge and it is the same size as every other printer I have used but prints about half the number of pages as the others I have used. The only way to limit the amount of ink is to reduce the quality of the print job,

there is no sliding color quality or like I said a grey scale to use.

If you are looking for a decent printer and scanner duo to work, skip this one. There are so many other versions out there that work a lot better and take up less space. I wish I had more time to read consumer reviews because then I would not have brought this one home. The only thing I like the software for is to edit old photos that I can scan, otherwise the software is beyond help. The printer and scanner do work, but it could be better in so many ways.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 19905692251031/k2311a059/5.9.09