Avon Skin So Soft Satin Glow Continuous Mist Airbrush Spray  » Cosmetics  »
  • I would recommend waiting to do this until you have plenty of time because a really good tan done this way takes plenty of time and patience

• by Alpa2zulu

Getting just the perfect tan during the long winter months is not an easy task, especially when you are trying to build the tan over the entire length of your body which might already be several different tan tones from left over summer tans. The Satin Glow Airbrush spray is a really neat self tanning product from Avon that is really easy to apply and build the perfect tan you want on your legs, arms, chest and over the rest of your body. The Avon brand isn’t my favorite, but it is one of the easier spray tans to use especially with the new nozzle that works no matter how you have the

bottle tilted.

The Avon Mist Airbrush Spray comes in two different tan shades, fair and medium but it really does not matter on your original skin tone to decide what shade to use. Rather you should choose the shade that you can easily reach based on the tan that you already have– if you have one. I went with the darker of the two shades, medium, because I already have a nice caramel complexion that sometimes just needs a little extra color in the winter months. The more you spray the tan on the darker it gets because you basically use it to build the tan, so even the fair shade makes it possible to get a nice deep tan.

The only thing you need to worry about is that you spray the mist over your skin evenly all over your body. This means you can’t linger over any one area once you begin spraying and I do this by timing the spray as I go, once I start spraying a leg or arm I start counting the seconds it takes me to get from one point to the other and then repeat on the opposite appendage. I would recommend waiting to do this until you have plenty of time because a really good tan done this way takes plenty of time and patience.

I usually ...

• Avon Skin So Soft Satin Glow Continuous Mist Airbrush Spray
      clean and then exfoliate my skin so that the tan takes well and as quickly as possible. I spray the mist over my entire body a single time and let it dry completely before I do anything else. Once I feel that my entire body has gotten a single coat of spray and dried, I repeat the tanning process, usually I do this two or three times till I feel it is dark enough. The first time I made the mistake of not letting the tanning mist settle into my skin and I kept going with color and in the end I had a tan that was twice as dark that I
      wanted even though it didn’t look that way when I was spraying it on.

Overall, the spray is incredibly easy to use, the bottle is better than other bottles I have tried in the sense that it is user friendly. The spray nozzle is nice and wide so that I don’t have to struggle with sitting on the nozzle and my finger won’t go numb. The cool thing about the spray feature too is that the bottle works at whatever angle you use it, even when it is held upside down. When you are self applicating this is a great thing because you can do the entire job all by yourself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31905692171031/k2311a059/5.9.09