Tropez Ultra Glaze Lip Sheen  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • When I look for beauty products I like to choose products that are meant for a specific thing, for example lipstick that is actually lipstick
  • Nothing is worse than when you get a beauty product that can't decide what it wants to be, and I am not talking about something being multifunctional-- because I love those products
  • I think if the colors of the sheen were better chosen this beauty product could work well as a lipcolor gloss, because it goes on like lip balm, but has a subtle color base and shine to it
  • It does not add enough color to my lips to be used alone, plus the color goes on my lips in such a fake shade that is not at all like the color of the tube itself so it does not look the best
  • It definitely shows and when applied on top of lip color in an attempt to add shine and a glossy look to it, the pink color distributes itself unevenly over the lipstick

• by Alpa2zulu

When I look for beauty products I like to choose products that are meant for a specific thing, for example lipstick that is actually lipstick. Nothing is worse than when you get a beauty product that can’t decide what it wants to be, and I am not talking about something being multifunctional– because I love those products. The Tropez Ultra Glaze Lip Sheen that I brought home seems like it was going for lipstick, but wanted to be gloss at the same time and ultimately ended up being stuck somewhere in the middle.

I think if the colors of the sheen were better chosen this beauty product could work well as a lipcolor gloss, because it goes on like lip balm, but has a subtle color base and shine to it. The more I think about the Tropez tube I bought

though, the more I get confused as to what they were trying to do; balm, lipstick, gloss? Ultimately, it doesn’t really fit in well anywhere in my beauty regimen and has gone unused for the most part. Because I paid for it though I like to add it to my lips just for the sake of adding it, this way I don’t feel like it was entirely a waste of money.

In all honesty, this lip sheen does absolutely nothing for me. It does not add enough color to my lips to be used alone, plus the color goes on my lips in such a fake shade that is not at all like the color of the tube itself so it does not look the best. At the same time there is a little too much color to use the lip sheen as a gloss because it does not work well over a matte color. The only thing I have been able to use it as is the one purpose I don’t think it was meant for at all and that is as a lip balm.

I have been using it as a lip balm, without the healing benefits of a balm, because it does glide onto my lips well and gives me that soft creamy feeling while adding just a little bit of color at the same time. When I don’t have any other lip balm products on, and mainly when my lips are not chapped and doing fine enough to not require balm, I try to use the Tropez sheen. I really hate feeling like I have wasted money on a product, so this is a good way to ...

• Tropez Ultra Glaze Lip Sheen
      still use it even though it isn’t necessarily in the way that I wanted.

There were several shades of the lip sheen available and I went with the rose collection which actually worked in my favor because instead of a slightly intense color I end up with something that is a shade brighter than my own lip color. Once the sheen has been on for a little while and nicely worked into my skin it actually takes on my natural lip color more and looks like I just have clear balm on.

The story is not the same when I apply the sheen under or over lipstick. It definitely shows and when applied on top of lip color in an attempt to add shine and a glossy look to it, the pink color distributes itself unevenly over the lipstick.

It actually looks really bad and I have to remove everything and then leave the lip sheen out. Using the lip sheen on its own though, I don’t feel any benefit to my lips which is always something I look for in my beauty products.

As far as the price and availability for the Tropez Lip Sheen goes, I have seen the brand and products in some drugstores but not others. I guess it is not as widely distributed as other cosmetic brands, but the prices are very affordable and you can pick up a tube for just over five dollars. I think I might have just picked the wrong product to try, but I really wish the products can just decide to be one thing rather than create a product that fits in the middle without accomplishing anything well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31905692111031/k2311a059/5.9.09