Maybelline Dream Matte Powder  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have had really good luck with pressed powders in the past before, so I was happy to try the new Maybelline Dream Matte Powder that just came out
  • You can tell when a powder is properly milled or if it has been pressed too much, and the Maybelline powder definitely was jet milled so that it was super fine and light

• by Alpa2zulu

I have had really good luck with pressed powders in the past before, so I was happy to try the new Maybelline Dream Matte Powder that just came out. When I first looked at the powder selections in the store I was happy to find one that looked like it would work very well on my skin, something that is always tricky because of my skin tone. When I got the container open I was happy to find out that it was travel friendly and that the powder felt extremely fine.

The Maybelline Dream Matte Powder comes in a round compact that separates into two separate compacts, the top holding the pressed powder and the lower section holding the mirror and a soft cloth applicator. While the entire compact might seem a little bulky, less than half the width is take up with the milled powder, but it works out to about

the same as if it were in the new dream mousse form. Still, .32 ounces is not a lot for the price I have paid for other drugstore brands of powder.

From the start, before I even applies the powder I loved the silky feeling of the powder. You can tell when a powder is properly milled or if it has been pressed too much, and the Maybelline powder definitely was jet milled so that it was super fine and light. Just using my finger the powder gave me nice complete coverage and felt great going on. In fact, it felt better going on than the expensive department store pressed powder I have been using for a year– and considering the price difference I was very happy.

There was a difference though, and I was able to notice it after about two hours or so after application. It was too late ...

• by then to fix it though without having to remove all my makeup, which I did too because it was so obvious. The first time I applied the powder I did not exfoliate prior to adding it, simply because I don’t do it on a daily basis. After adding it, you could tell I had product on my face, the blended in look did not remain for any longer than that.

I did exfoliate though and once I did I reapplied my makeup with a base of moisturizer to make sure that my skin would not be dry. I stayed in this time and watched closely to see if the same thing happened with my makeup. Sure enough, within a couple hours you could definitely tell I had applied powder to my face and it only blended in when I added moisturizer over the powder. This only served

to remove the powder base and I definitely did not want that.

Despite how much I wanted this powder to work for me and how great it felt in the compact, I just could not get good results out of it. I tried at least four different ways of applying the powder, doing everything I could to make sure my skin was clean, well moisturized and used a combination of products for good results. On the other hand, if you can get the powder to work for you, it feels great going on and so does your skin once you have applied it. I didn’t have any problems with clogging or creases appearing so it is very well milled.

For only ten dollars it is worth a try on your skin, but if you are looking for something cheap that works well I can’t necessarily say that this will be it.

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31905692020931/k2311a059/5.9.09