Helium Fuel Belt  » Health  »
  • One of the hardest things to manage when I am running several miles on the trial, is a steady supply of water because there is never anywhere to refill and I don't like to hold stuff when I run
  • So, when I found out about the Helium Fuel Belt that lets me carry water hands free in a way that is unobtrusive to my running but enough to last for a good ten mile run, I had to buy it
  • The entire set cost just under fifty dollars, which is a bit steep for a water pack, but there is so much to love about this one because the design was made entirely right that I think it is worth every penny

• by Alpa2zulu

Ever since I started running I realized that it is a lot harder to run with nothing especially when I go for my longer runs to help me train for marathons. One of the hardest things to manage when I am running several miles on the trial, is a steady supply of water because there is never anywhere to refill and I don’t like to hold stuff when I run. So, when I found out about the Helium Fuel Belt that lets me carry water hands free in a way that is unobtrusive to my running but enough to last for a good ten mile run, I had to buy it.

The Helium Fuel Belt is an around the waist strap that is fitted with several slots to hold specially sized water bottles of water. The belt is made so that the bottles are evenly divided around your waist so that everything can be balanced out while you are running and there isn’t too much pull on side or the other from half full bottles as you go. The

belt itself is very sturdy and has cushioning on the inside so that it does not ride on your hips or chafe you unnecessarily. Like other running gear, it also has moisture wicking material in case you begin to sweat.

The several water bottles that are attached to the belt are uniquely shaped so that they curve away from your body and don’t get in the way at all as you get your stride going. Each one only holds about ten to twelve ounces so no one could cause you to feel unbalanced when you get down to just a couple bottle left. The bottles are very securely strapped into tri bands so that they do not bounce when you are running or move around the strap at all. At the same time it is very easy to grab a bottle from the strap and drink as you are running without having to fumble around with the bottles or break your stride.

The ease with which I am able to use the belt and get the water I ...

• need at the same time is a real advantage because before I had the pack I had to constantly be on the lookout for the next available public fountain or other water source. If I had a water bottle before I had to carry it and most times I ended up ditching it when I finished the bottle because I hate carrying dead weight. Even though I might finish one of the water bottles from the Helium pack I hang onto the bottles because I can’t even feel them around my waist, especially if I even them out properly.

All together the pack can carry thirty two ounces of water for you, and if you are going for a shorter run you can always take one of the bottles off of the pack and just carry two or three. I have found that the water I carry when I run anywhere from five to ten miles is more than enough for my needs and I end up wasting a lot by emptying a bottle over my head.

I ordered the pack off of the company’s website and you can do the same because other than when I first saw it, I have not found one offline for sale. I did check out some other packs at a local sports store, but none of them offered the same comfort and fit as the Helium Fuel Pack did so I stuck with what was working best for me. The entire set cost just under fifty dollars, which is a bit steep for a water pack, but there is so much to love about this one because the design was made entirely right that I think it is worth every penny.

If you are sa serious runner and looking for a good water bottle carrying system that won’t weigh or slow you down this is a seriously good option. Till I used this belt I was stuck carrying a bottle that wouldn’t be flopping around my waist or on my back and then I tossed it the minute I was done because I couldn’t stand holding it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34905691840931/k2311a059/5.9.09