Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro  » Movies  »
  • However, while I love the characters in the series, and particularly enjoy the Yako/Neuro stuff, Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro didn't satiate my own appetite for mystery

• by selphiealmasy8

Neuro is a demon from Hell. Having an appetite for mysteries, and having eaten pretty much all there is in the underworld, he sets his hungry sights on Earth where he has heard that there are many mysteries around. Enlisting a young High School girl named Yako, Neuro searches out mysteries, saying that he is merely a ‘guy’

Friday and Yako is the real detective. While this is false, Yako does want to get to the heart on one mystery: Who killed her father in a most brutal fashion.

Together Neuro and Yako search for the ultimate mystery.

This anime caught my eye because of some of the doujinshi I had seen for it. I also like a ...

• good mystery myself. However, while I love the characters in the series, and particularly enjoy the Yako/Neuro stuff, Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro didn’t satiate my own appetite for mystery. The cases presented were often too easily solved and done in a fashion that the viewer couldn’t really take part in. That is half the fun with a mystery.
        The development wasn’t there.

The recurring mystery of a demon named Sai also wasn’t wrapped up nicely in the final episodes. I’ve heard that the manga differs from the anime so maybe this was only for the anime.

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro offers up some laughs and wonderful art but doesn’t really offer up the one thing that it should: a good mystery.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11905691620931/k2311a059/5.9.09