Black and decker coffee machine
  • The model I have is white (not the best choice for a coffee machine due to it being easily stained)
  • To insert a filter or pour water you have to lift the lid at the top, this is where you would fill it with water, insert a filter and ground coffee, the problem I have with it, that if for whatever reason you want to lift the lid while the coffee machine is still running water through the filter, you could scald yourself with the very hot steam

• by Ken

I currently own a black and decker coffee machine that I am really happy with for the time that I have had it, now this is the coffee machine that stands the test of time, I owned this coffee machine for about 5 years, and after those 5 years of use all I have to complain about is the leaky pot, it only leaks while tipping the pot over to pour out coffee. This coffee machine was used I would say heavily, on a daily basis, It holds a medium sized filter and can make up

to 12 cups of coffee, that is a 6oz cup.

I really like its speed, it’s not the fastest to brew, but it can have enough coffee brewed to have an enjoyable cup in about two minutes! That’s the time it takes for a hot pocket to finish in the microwave!

This is a very simple on / off microwave with a “hold hot” feature, that is it keeps the pot hot with a heat element underneath the pot, and it only has a simple on/off switch, very simple and efficient.

Now some of the newer ...

• ones to do have the programmable timer to set the machine when to come on, now that’s all well and good, but if your ok with waiting 2 minutes after preparing the machine with filter, coffee, and water, (which can be done the evening before) then this is all you would need in a coffee machine.

I also like that it has a small counter-top footprint and an acceptably long power cable.

The model I have is white (not the best choice for a coffee machine due to it being easily stained).

To insert a filter

or pour water you have to lift the lid at the top, this is where you would fill it with water, insert a filter and ground coffee, the problem I have with it, that if for whatever reason you want to lift the lid while the coffee machine is still running water through the filter, you could scald yourself with the very hot steam.

To sum up, this is a great coffee machine that has outlived its purpose and become obsolete but I felt needed my thoughts on it, and I would also purchase newer brands of coffee machines manufactured by Black and decker.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53805690780731/k2311a058/5.8.09