HP Deskjet D2560 printer
  • I recommend this only for those students and office workers who need most of printing black texts

• by Amaya

I’d been using this printer since December 2008. For that span of time however, I didn’t get much satisfied. I bet some other printers might work better than this one.

When it comes to appearance, I could give a 6. Aside from the single USB input, there are no card slots for SD cards or any other memory cards. I find it hard to work with especially that I am left with no other options but to use my laptop. Unlike other modern printers of almost the same

price but offer expansion slots for memory cards, it made printing a bit slower. It catered my needs as a student though even if it worked a little inconvenient that way.

Printing all-black texts is excellent. Four pages per minute is already a fast work I bet. Unlike my previous Kodak printer, this one prints smoothly and very quietly. That made it a very apt tool for students especially that we can already print as many as we need without the scratchy noises.

However, printing pictures could be a ...

• bit slower. I find it frequently chewing the paper inserted. Sometimes, the papers got jammed that the printer couldn’t hold that much anymore. I needed to make manual removal of the ‘jammed’ papers then. That made it eat a little more of my time too. Also, the photo quality is disappointing and a very big no-no. When I printed a colored photo for my report, it rendered a very discouraging result. The contours and depth were not emphasized which gave the image a more 2D look. There
        were not much color distinction. What appears fuchsia in my laptop looked light pink in the print. I really don’t think that it could be a great tool for printing colored pictures.

I recommend this only for those students and office workers who need most of printing black texts. This can be purchased in such cheaper prices worldwide. However, there could be something better than this. If you want wholesome output, better look for another product. This might be good for the pocket but you would be sacrificing quality.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16805690160531/k2311a058/5.8.09