GWK Culture Park Bali  » Travel  »
  • I enjoyed the greatness of nature which is craved by men
  • After I went further inside I found an amphitheatre which had capacity of 800 seats and first class acoustic arrangement

• by totox

I often visited Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) cultural park. A lot of art performances were performed frequently there. GWK cultural park is located in Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia. It is about half an hour from Bali’s capital city, Denpasar.

It is located on a large and hot hill. I never forgot to have an umbrella with me everytime I went there. It was hot but very interesting.

The entrance ticket was Rp 10000. I

enjoyed the greatness of nature which is craved by men. When I arrived at the parking area, I saw the south sea of Bali such as Nusa Dua and Sanur beaches with their star hotels.

The cultural park area was clean and very well designed. There were some souvenir shops near the main entrance. After I went further inside I found an amphitheatre which had capacity of 800 seats and first class acoustic arrangement.

...

• It was used for entertainment and special official events. Presidents of many countries had visited this place. Fantastic.

The amphitheatre was surrounded by stones which made this place veryelegant. I went inside from the amphitheatre. I found a very big stone with a hole in the middle which was used as an entrance.

From that point I saw a large yard where the statue of Garuda Wisnu Kencana is supposed to build. The statue

was planned to reach hundreds of metre. However, it only reached 22 metres when I visited it.

It was the head of the Garuda bird. The purpose of the establishment of the building was to rebuild the greatness of the ancient. The visitors will see it from the greatness and size of the stones and pillars which will support the statue.

It is a must visit tourism object if you spend your holiday in Bali. Have a good holiday.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38805689880531/k2311a058/5.8.09