Kroger brand frozen turnip greens  » Food  »
  • I bought these after trying a brand name, and I wasn't really that pleased
  • But for some reason the texture wasn't as steamy fresh as I thought it would be
  • And while I'm sure they are doing what they should be, I think that perhaps they should be cooked a different way

• by Famous

If you are looking to beef up your diet with some good veggies, it’s a good idea to seek out frozen vegetables. They are filled with vitamins and minerals that don’t seem to seep out until after they are cooked too much.

In fact, frozen veggies are

often better for you because they are frozen at the peak of their freshness.

I bought these after trying a brand name, and I wasn’t really that pleased.

The package explained how to prepare them in the microwave.

It seemed really simple.

But for ...

• some reason the texture wasn’t as steamy fresh as I thought it would be.

They were kind of chewy.

And while I’m sure they are doing what they should be, I think that perhaps they should be cooked a different way.

The veggies were filled with

turnips.

And if you season with a little Cajun seasoning or some lemon-herb you will find a really palatable side dish.

I would suggest that you explore other frozen varieties.

I typically like Kroger’s brand of frozen vegetables.

But I think the next time, I’ll just stick to spinach.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27805689840531/k2311a058/5.8.09