Just Another Girl on the I.R.T. (R, 1992) movie  » Movies  »
  • But by the time the film was over, I was terribly disappointed

• by Famous

I really didn’t think I’d be watching this movie more than a decade after it was released. And I’m kind of sorry that I did.

The girl playing Chantel was attractive and authentic enough.

And even the storyline was pretty authentic.

I didn’t expect award winning

material.

But I had to remember that in the 90’s films like these were not known for their cinematic prowess.

This story follows Chantel as any other Brooklyn kid who wants to get out of the ghetto and make something of her life.

She ends up pregnant.

...

• And the events that follow after she finds out will make you both gasp in horror and chuckle with delight.

I didn’t really understand where the director was going with the movie after Chantel (SPOILER) delivers her baby.

This is THE scene that you have to see.

But by the time the film was over, I was terribly disappointed.

It was refreshing to see the styles and the dances that were so popular in the early 90s.

But unless you are watching simply for nostalgia’s sake, I would strongly urge skipping over this little piece of cinema.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11705689700631/k2311a057/5.7.09