Silkpro Pure White Serum (Anti-freckles & pigmentation)  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • Silkpro is a relatively new brand in the market and I believe it is a Singapore brand
  • I decided to give it a try partly because of its novelty and partly because the saleslady talked me into trying
  • Therefore, I would not recommend this product at all
  • I don't like its texture and i haven't seen any results at all

• by cHip

Silkpro is a relatively new brand in the market and I believe it is a Singapore brand. I decided to give it a try partly because of its novelty and partly because the saleslady talked me into trying.

I’ve been trying to find a product that can really reduce the appearance of my freckles. I do outdoor sports quite often and enjoy being in the sun. Thus, I have freckles on my cheeks and near my hairline. Though they are not really obvious, I wanted to at least lighten their appearance.

I’ve tried several products prior to this Silkpro Pure White Serum but have not seen any results so

far. As for this product, I must say that the results are not fantastic either. This comes in a 25ml bottle with a pump and I’ve been using it like for forever. My best guess is over a year at least.

That sounds like a really really long time, however, this is due to the amount that I’ve been advised to use each time. The saleslady who was promoting this product said that I was to use a tiny bit on each area covered with freckles and that’s it. Considering that I’m not applying the product on my whole face, 25ml can really last a long time.

I’ve ...

• diligently applied this serum almost everyday for the past year, but have reduced the application to about 3 times per week. Honestly, I haven’t seen any improvement to the appearance of my freckles. Sure, i haven’t found any new spots with freckles yet, however, that could be due to the fact that i’ve been limiting my exposure to the sun lately. Hence, my verdict is that this product really doesn’t work wonders at all.

In addition, don’t be deceived by the name of the product. It is not the typical serum texture at all. It is more like a cream/lotion texture rather than a serum. It’s yellow in

colour. Another reason why i’ve reduced application is also because of the fact that it just doesn’t go well under my makeup. I am using a makeup base from Clarins and when I apply it over my moisturiser and this serum, the serum gets ‘rubbed off’! I can see the yellow specks coming off while I apply my makeup base. And that is after I’ve applied the serum for almost half an hour! It seems to not absorb into the skin at all!

Therefore, I would not recommend this product at all. I don’t like its texture and i haven’t seen any results at all. Best to try other brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31705689370531/k2311a057/5.7.09