Westclox Big Ben Wind-up Alarm Clock
  • Myself, I find something comforting in the constant ticking of the clock, which is one of the reasons I prefer it to its digital contenders, but I am most likely unusual in that respect
  • The alarm works perfectly, and definitely wakes you up in the morning

• by James Fleming
      In this computerized highly technological age sometimes its nice to have an old-fashioned clock. One that tells analog time and doesn’t require a constant stream of batteries to keep it running. Westclox is perhaps the biggest names in the old style wind-up clock, and with good reason.

Their clocks are high quality and you know they aren’t going to fail. It tells the time, day or night, without relying on your electrical outlet or batteries.

The Westclox

Big Ben line
      has been around for almost a hundred years, so you know you are getting a good clock when you purchase one. I couldn’t be happier with mine.

It doesn’t require too much winding (just to be on the safe side I wind it up once a day, but I have let it go for more than two with no stopping of time). It also has glow in the dark hands so that I can ...

• tell the time even in the middle of the night, but it is not nearly as intrusive as those bright red LED digital clocks.

If there is an annoyance you could find with a Westclox Big Ben alarm clock it would most likely be the ticking, which can be a little loud. Since it is a wind-up clock there’s not much you can do about.

Myself, I find something comforting in the constant ticking of the clock, which

is one of the reasons I prefer it to its digital contenders, but I am most likely unusual in that respect. All in all, though, the Westclox Big Ben Wind-Alarm clock is an excellent clock.

The alarm works perfectly, and definitely wakes you up in the morning. I’m always afraid with digital or radio clocks that I didn’t set something right or something is just going to go wrong and its not going to go off.

I have no such worries with my Westclox.

Marjorie says :

My father had a baby ben that used to chime softly a few times before the alarm went off. Do you have any idea what model this was?

Marg says :

It was probably the`1964 Classic Baby Ben Alarm Clock’. All of the manuals for the models are here if you would like to check them to confirm:

Geraldine says :

Where may I purchase this wind-up alarm clock in my area? Pittsburgh, PA 15218.

Marg says :

I would suggest purchasing it from Wal-Mart. They sell this particular model and a few other Westclox models. I don’t know of any other stores that have them besides Wal-Mart.

sally says :

how do you move the hour hand and set the alarm on a glow in the dark big ben westclox alarm clock

Marg says :

On the back of the clock you have to twist the alarm time key. It’s the larger latch-like key on the. However, you should also check this manual because it has pictures:

sally says :

how do you set the alarm?

Marg says :

On the back of the clock there is a key that you have to twist to set the alarm. There are two large keys on the back of the clock, but the alarm is the one on the left. You should twist this until it gets to the time that you want to set the alarm for. You should also check the manual here if you have to:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 64130768910431/k2311a0713/7.13.06