Wellbutrin to stop smoking  » Medicine  »
  • There is no doubt in my mind I would have succeded if I hadn't been forced to stop the medication

• by Rielle

Wellbutrin is an anti depressant that I was prescribed to go along with other anti depressants I was taking but not for anxirty or depression but to help me stop smoking. I was on Wellbutrin for about one month and had to stop because I began to break out in bright red welps all over my body.

These welps ithched fiercly and

burned.

These symptoms went away with use of Benadryl but obviously I was allergic to the bupropian and had to discontinue use.

I was so very upset by this because it was really truly effective at lessening the urge to smoke.

I would reccommend any smoker who wants to quit, to try Wellbutrin.

There were no unpleasant side effects(aside from the allergy) ...

• and I even got a slightly euphoric feeling from it.

At the end of the first week on Wellbutrin I was smoking only half of what I usually smoked.

This was not my first try to quit and I really didn’t expect good results but there they were.

Not only was I smoking much less but there was nothing unpleasant about it

at all.

I didn’t feel I was missing nicotine or anything at all.

I had tryed two other stop smoking aids with zero results.

At 3 weeks I had went from a pack and a half to about 4 ciggarettes a day.

There is no doubt in my mind I would have succeded if I hadn’t been forced to stop the medication.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26705689040531/k2311a057/5.7.09