Bedtime Stories comedy  » Movies  »
  • For a family movie, I don't think they should be sending a message that it's okay to commit a felony as long as you are going to save a school from wrongful demolition
  • Now, I know this is a fantasy movie, but my suspension of disbelief can only be stretched so far
  • But, like I said, this one's not going to win any Oscars and even the best films can be nit-picked to death

• by geowebst

Bedtime Stories, starring Adam Sandler, is an enjoyable family oriented comedy. It won’t win any Oscars, but it’s one you feel fairly safe watching with your kids.

There is some very mild bad language, but it’s pretty tame even for its PG rating.

My one biggest complaint (Spoiler alert) is toward the end when Sandler’s character steals a

motorcycle to get where he needs to go to save the day.

For a family movie, I don’t think they should be sending a message that it’s okay to commit a felony as long as you are going to save a school from wrongful demolition.

My second complaint is that right after he steals the motorcycle he admits ...

• to never riding one before.

Then after a couple of close calls with other vehicles, he proceeds to ride with all the skill of a stuntman.

Now, I know this is a fantasy movie, but my suspension of disbelief can only be stretched so far.

I suppose you could say that he was aided by the “magic” of

the bedtime stories which would be in line with the cutaways to him riding a horse or space cycle in the scene, but this particular race against time was never mentioned in any of the stories.

But, like I said, this one’s not going to win any Oscars and even the best films can be nit-picked to death.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11705688950431/k2311a057/5.7.09