Rancho Cucamonga Animal Care and Adoption Center  » Pets  »
11780 Arrow Route, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730 (909) 466 PETS (7387)
  • In my opinion, this is the best shelter of all the shelters I have ever visited
  • I know many people who live in Rancho Cucamonga, who had found stray animals, around their own homes

• by Linda Start

As a Rancho Cucamonga resident, I am very proud of our newly renovated animal shelter facility. The Rancho Cucamonga Animal Care and Adoption Center is open Monday through Friday 1 pm to 7 pm, and Saturday and Sunday 12 pm to 6 pm. This shelter is now a no-kill shelter, and many types of

animals are available for adoption.

I have visited the Rancho Cucamonga animal shelter many times. In my opinion, this is the best shelter of all the shelters I have ever visited. First, the animals available for adoption look very healthy. There is a staff veterinarian, to care for the animals, at this facility. All animals receive personal care.

Rancho Cucamonga Animal Care and Adoption Center provides information on care of animals, as well as spay/neuter information. They also offer licensing and microchipping, for the city.

I know many people who live in Rancho Cucamonga, who had found stray animals, around their own homes. They are able to take ...

• Rancho Cucamonga Animal Care and Adoption Center
      the strays to Rancho Cucamonga Animal Care and Adoption Center, to find them a home.

The city of Rancho Cucamonga welcomes volunteers to help them maintain the facility. Volunteers are needed to take dogs on their daily walk. Young and old are always needed to keep the facility running smoothly.

Rancho Cucamonga Animal Care

and Adoption is very caring and concerned for the well-being of every animal they encounter. I have found the housing of sheltered pets very clean. I expect most of the animals are very happy to have a home, off the streets, where they have people to care about them, until they find a “forever home.”

Steve says :

My wife will be bringing in a 3 1 2 week old kitten tomorrow morning. As much as we have tried to take care of this little fellow, it is just too much for us since we already have 3 other cats. We rescued him from outside, where I also have a non-spayed Mom cat as well as 3 more kittens. She was neglecting the one we took in, but bottom line is we need help for ALL these cats. The one will be dropped off tomorrow, and I will have my wife ask you what to do about the other 3 kittens and Mom. I really appreciate you are a non-kill shelter as it makes it easier for my decision. If you are overstocked and can`t take all the animals, I understand. But if you could just take this little one we have for now, we can try to work out the rest of the situation. God bless Steve Wright Alta Loma, CA P.S. My wife`s name is Summer and the kitten coming in is all white with gray ears and a gray tail. He`s a cutie. -

Linda replies :

Hi Steve, Rancho Cucamonga Shelter will take all strays, without any problem, if you live in Rancho Cucamonga or Alta Loma. It`s a very clean shelter, also. I`ve taken a few strays in, myself, and they put them on their website, and they were adopted. With the coyotes roaming around outside, now, it is best to take strays to the shelters, anyway. Lots of people turn in strays every day, so don`t worry - they`ll ask you where you live, and after you tell them Alta Loma, they`ll take the strays, without any problem. Linda

Linda says :

Hi Steve, I certainly understand your situation. Rancho Cucamonga Animal Shelter will accept all of your strays, if you live in Rancho Cucamonga or Alta Loma . I`ve turned in a few strays, myself, that I found. I just told them they were strays, and they took them right away, with no problem. They put them on their website to be adopted, and they were all adopted eventually. There are a lot of people who turn-in strays, every day. It`s more humane than leaving the cats outside, with the coyotes roaming around, now. So, I think everything will be OK. They will ask you what city you live in, and when you tell them Alta Loma, you should be OK. Glad you asked. Linda

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29705688830431/k2311a057/5.7.09