Singer Computerized Sewing Machine Model 7430  » Housewares  »
  • When I replaced my ancient Kenmore sewing machine, I bought a new Singer computerized sewing machine, from HSN
  • I found that I have to be careful not to bend the needle, when I am sewing, or the needle threader does not thread, as it should
  • I have had sewing lessons, and the only thing I have a problem with, on this sewing machine, is the needle ends in the up position, when the stitching stops
  • Overall, the Singer computerized sewing machine model 7430 is the best sewing machine I have ever had

• by Linda Start

When I replaced my ancient Kenmore sewing machine, I bought a new Singer computerized sewing machine, from HSN.com. Singer is one of HSN.com’s major sewing machine sellers, and there are always a variety of sewing machines for sale, especially during the holidays.

In comparison to my old machine, this new sewing machine is a wonderful change. The Singer computerized sewing machine has everything that I need. I do not have to thread the sewing machine needle, because I can use the automatic needle threader. I found that I have to be careful not to bend the

needle, when I am sewing, or the needle threader does not thread, as it should.

This machine has automatic tension control. For me, this was a big selling point, because my old sewing machine had manual tension control.

I really enjoy the easy LCD screen, where I can choose which stitch or decorative embroidery design that I want to sew. I can even embroider words, with the lettering system, in this computerized sewing machine.

I knew there was a buttonholer attachment and, initially, I could not find it. It took me a while to discover the hidden ...

• pocket in the base, where the buttonhole attachment is located. This is the first buttonhole maker that allows the sewer to put the actual button in the attachment, to have a perfectly measured buttonhole.

I have had sewing lessons, and the only thing I have a problem with, on this sewing machine, is the needle ends in the “up” position, when the stitching stops. I was taught the needle should end in the “down” position, so the material can be moved, with the needle staying in the same spot. When I stop stitching, on this

machine, I have to manually lower the needle, so the needle doesn’t move on the material.

Overall, the Singer computerized sewing machine model 7430 is the best sewing machine I have ever had. The computerization and modern automatic tension control are wonderful. I have sampled all the stitches, with sample material. All stitches are very beautiful. I have had no problems with the tension pulling the stitches. I do not use my Singer sewing machine every day, and this machine always stitches perfectly. This machine makes sewing a pleasant task again, and I am so happy with it.

Marie v.d. Merwe says :

I need a singer 960 manual magic bobbin Deluxe please let me know via email if someone can help me please vdmmaria gmail.com

Linda replies :

Hi Marie, If I were looking for a bobbin for any sewing machine, I would first check the 1 local Joanne store and Walmart. They`ve shut down so many fabric stores, where I live, that the store choices are limited, however, 2 any fabric store might be able to help you, also, if you haven`t already checked. Then I should check 3 the yellow pages for sewing machine repair shops, who can usually order supplies, if you can`t find it in a store. They are the best choice, if you can`t find what you need in the stores, because they can special order anything. I`ve checked 4 the Singer website before. They have a special page for parts, however, they appear to only carry parts for their newer models. You can also try searching the 5 web or Ebay, in case someone is selling a hard-to-get part. Hope I`ve been helpful. I bet a special sewing machine shop would be able to get you the bobbin, on special order, though.

Olga Elias says :

my machine will not sew. I tried to use the blanket stitch and the thread on the bottom bunched up alot. I had to pull it and cut it with sissors to get it loose. Then the bobbin thread would not come up. It worked fine before this.

lstart500 yahoo.com replies :

1 Typically, if the underneath thread is too tight or too loose, it`s the tension control. This machine has an automatic tension setting, as well as manual, on the wheel dial, at the top of the machine, near where the spool of thread stays. Sometimes, it gets knocked or bumped, and gets moved from your regular Auto setting. Try to reset it to Auto, and if that doesn`t work, you can try manually adjusting it to either side, for the correct adjustment for the type of material you are using. I know, for me, denim has a different setting than nylon. 2 Another change you may have to make is your needle size. Again, denim uses a different needle size than a finer material, ie nylon or silk. 3 Finally, if you can`t get it to sew correctly with all these adjustments, I`d call the Singer company for help. Hope I`ve been of some help.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53705688800431/k2311a057/5.7.09