Count Duckula cartoon  » Movies  »
  • Count Duckula was one of my favourite cartoons as a child
  • In fact, of the few times I remember watching it, I believe that all of them were in the early mornings at about six o' clock when I had woken up earlier than usual
  • I would recommend this cartoon to young children as I think it would intrigue them more than the older ones

• by RedTape

“Count Duckula” was one of my favourite cartoons as a child. I loved everything about it, from the theme song to the drawings and the plot. However, the only thing I disliked was the fact that I would rarely see it on local television. In fact, of the few times I

remember watching it, I believe that all of them were in the early mornings at about six o’ clock when I had woken up earlier than usual. Nevertheless, I knew it did not always air at that time since if I ever tried to catch it intentionally something else would air instead.

“Count Duckula” was a cartoon which was made somewhere around the mid to late eighties. It was basically a play on the legend of the vampire “Count Dracula”, in the sense that the main character was supposed to be very much like Dracula in the form of an animated duck with ...

• Count Duckula cartoon
      fangs. Thus, he became “Count Duckula”. Like Dracula, Duckula also had his helpers and lived in an ancient castle where it seemed the sun never shone.

One of the things I loved the most about the cartoon was the art. It was darker and more original than art in other cartoons

I had seen at the time, thus it became an interest to me. In fact, it even reminds me of the drawings in a comic strip named “Shoe” by artist Jeff MacNelly.

I would recommend this cartoon to young children as I think it would intrigue them more than the older ones.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11705688730431/k2311a057/5.7.09