1986 dodge caravan 3.3l
  • I have always wanted a mini van because I like to travel
  • However in the last week, I have become rather annoyed with a mechanical problem with the vehicle
  • I'm guessing it was because of the recall but it does not help me resolve my issue that I don't know what to do to fix the car

• by Sadonna

I have always wanted a mini van because I like to travel. Mini vans are one of the most comfortable ways to travel when you have several children. They are large giving room to move about or carry a decent amount of cargo which is especially nice when I go grocery shopping.

I have had several mini vans in the past but I recently acquired a 1986 dodge caravan. I was immediately in

love with it because it meant, I could easily haul members of my son’s scout troop around when we go camping and have room for their equipment as well.

However in the last week, I have become rather annoyed with a mechanical problem with the vehicle. You see, I have a 1986 dodge caravan with 3.

3l motor and what I was unaware of was that in early 2000 dodge did a recall on the vehicle for the o-ring in the fuel rail leaking fuel and causing fires. The thing that bites me, is that the car is only 13 years old and I can’t find the part I need to fix it.

I’m guessing it was because of the recall but it does not help me resolve my issue that I don’t know what to do to fix the car. I have called the auto parts ...

• 1986 dodge caravan 3.3l
      store and they don’t make the part anymore.

I called a dodge dealership and they say my van was fixed in 2000 and they don’t know why it would start leaking again but that I am on my own basically. Everyone keeps telling me I should check the junk yards and believe me when I say, I have.

I have called every junk yard in five counties and researched online as well, but

no one seems to have the part I need to fix it with. I used to think dodge’s were pretty good cars but now I am wondering why they don’t make replacement parts for them.

So this review is basically to make others aware of the potential problems they may encounter if they buy a dodge caravan for themselves. They are nice vehicles but they are also junk if you can’t get the parts to fix them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9605687581231/k2311a056/5.6.09