Ozark Trail 4 person dome tent
  • Well when you load up on all the gear necessary for four people to do a week of backpacking and you have no experience in what to bring you learn real quick that this size of tent is a little small for all that much gear
  • Overall the tent was not expensive only costing 39.99 when I bought it from Wal-mart

• by Sadonna

I am an avid camper and have spent many nights camping in a variety of places from my backyard, to various state parks. I have learned the hard way that different types of camping require different types of tents. An example of what I mean is how I took my kids ages 4,5 and 7 on a week long backpacking trip with an old army backpack and an Ozark Trail dome tent that was designed for four people.

The Ozark Trail dome tent I had, weighed about nine pounds which for backpacking is kind of heavy to start with. It was approximately 9′

by 8′.

I said it claims to be designed for four people. You may wonder why? Well when you load up on all the gear necessary for four people to do a week of backpacking and you have no experience in what to bring you learn real quick that this size of tent is a little small for all that much gear.

I was lucky that my kids were small so it wasn’t as bad as having four large adults in this small of a confined area. All night long I could hear the kids tossing and turning, complaining about bumping into ...

• each other as they tried to get comfortable.

I really don’t think the person who rated this tent did much camping in it. The rain fly was a bit small, in that it does not cover the whole tent and therefore ultimately allows the tent to leak during the inevitable down pours of rain that often accompany our many camping trips.

The tent bag was a bit too small and hard to stuff the tent back into unless you are extremely good at rolling it small enough. I did like the big window and door because they allowed air to flow through keeping

us cool when it was hot.

But it also allowed a lot of condensation to build up on the inside of the tent. This tent though is defiantly not a good tent for winter camping unless you like to freeze.

Overall the tent was not expensive only costing 39. 99 when I bought it from Wal-mart.

As you might have suspected though it also does not last very long either. I had to purchase a new one after just one year.

Now keep in mind that I camp twenty nights or more a year, so if you camp less it may last you longer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12605687571231/k2311a056/5.6.09