Movie The Pursuit of Happyness  » Movies  »
  • Eventually, the story wouldn't be a happy ending without him being a success and that is something I also would like to emulate

• by Kendrick

Will Smith stars once again in a story about a father’s struggle to provide for his son amidst all the tragedies he faced. The movie is based n the story of Will Gardner, a successful stock broker and self-made millionaire.

What interested me to watch the movie is because of Chris Gardner’s work. I am working in a financial institution and

so his dream of becoming a stock broker to help his family is something I can relate to.

One thing that eventually caught my attention is Chris’s determination and perseverance in succeeding and this is well capitulated in the scene where he rushed to his interview in jeans and dirty clothes after being locked in jail overnight.

I thought that he ...

• was simply amazing. I can’t even say the same thing for myself if I was in the same situation. I guess it’s true when they say that when your back is against the wall, you’d fight like a tiger. Chris fought like one indeed.

The movie is inspiring to say the least. The scene showing how he was rejected several times

in cold calling is something I can relate to. I never had the courage in doing it. Cold calling is something not easy for me to do but he does it very well.

Eventually, the story wouldn’t be a happy ending without him being a success and that is something I also would like to emulate. The Pursuit of Happyness indeed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11605686901131/k2311a056/5.6.09