Beneful Dog Food 7lb bag Original Flavor  » Pets  »
1.5
  • I know all dog foods are pretty much the same but I don't think Beneful is even trying here
  • I would have to say Beneful is cheap, yes, but not worth my dogs health when there are options out there that are more nutritious and delicious

• by Christopher Kanotus

I know all dog foods are pretty much the same but I don’t think Beneful is even trying here. I got it for my Puggle and being a pup with a voracious appetite, she should dive right in and reduce the bowl to crums right? NO! She more or less turns up her nose at the sight of it.

I’m thinking at first she is just a picky eater, but then I saw

her eat other dog food, crumbs on the floor, a shoe, and even another dogs poo! But with Beneful in front of her she walks away.

Even the other dog in the house doesn’t like the Beneful.

I told my brother about the situation and he told me to look at the first three ingredients on the bag, and if they are corn, wheat, grain or anthing other that ...

• meat then the food is gonna be mostly fillers that the dog will just not really like.

Sure enough, Beneful is just a bunch of fillers with chicken flavor.

The people at Petco offered up a bit of advise for me tho, if you cant afford the good stuff, just add a third of a can of soft food to the hard food and it should be fine.

That approach seems to work

but now we are going to maybe experiment with some other dog food brands or maybe switch to a raw diet.

I would have to say Beneful is cheap, yes, but not worth my dogs health when there are options out there that are more nutritious and delicious.

I give it a 3 out of 10 and hope the people at Beneful can do better than cheap fillers from now on.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29605686411031/k2311a056/5.6.09