California Fitness Novena, Singapore  » Health  »
Novena Mall, Singapore
  • Situated just accross my office building in the middle of the bustling town of Novena in Singapore, California Fitness has so far impressed me in terms of staff courtesy and gym equipments quality

• by Edmond_Nightingale

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I’ve been on and off bodybuilder for the past 12 years. And I’ve been into different gyms within and outside of my native country, the Philippines. But I may say that California Fitness Singapore (Novena) ranks high above the list of those gyms that I’ve been a part of.

Situated just accross my office building in the middle of the bustling town of Novena in Singapore, California Fitness has so far impressed me in terms of staff courtesy and gym equipments quality.

With

an array of friendly Personal Trainers, California Fitness is several notches higher than that of Fitness First wherein I used to have a membership way back in 2004.

The trainers at CF are generally friendly and helpful specially the two Filipino trainers Flex and Ryan. They offer free advise on workout routines and gives ample assistance when it comes to equipment usage. You don’t get that luxury much these days!

The workout equipments are good. For a high-class social fitness centre, the ...

• equipments they have has outlived my expectations.

CF has a single powercage, a piece of gym equipment that is very important for powerlifters like me who spends hours in doing those heavy squats. The assisted-machines are good as well which makes it easier for novice lifters to exhaust themselves via heavy weight loads.

The only negative thing that I could note in terms of equipments is the apparent lack of bench for heavy bench pressing.

The lockers are good enough for taking a brief shower

and changing clothes after a strenous workout at the gym. But wait! They also have a Sauna beside the shower areas. That’s fantastic for those who wants to steam themselves dry to lose that last ounce of water weight.

At 58 SGD/month, I could say that California Fitness Novena in Singapore is a good quality fitness centre that would be able to cater both social bodybuilders and hardcore powerlifters alike.

Stephane says :

hi, My office is also near to CF Novena and i am interested to join. May i know how you get this price? I`ve been asking for corporate rates but they didn`t reply. do you know anyone there or you could introduce me this price? thank you for your assistance in advance. Hope to hear from you soon. Sincerely, Stephane

edmond nightingale replies :

I do know a couple of sales reps in there…if you could give me your mobie number, i could have them call you up

unhappy says :

Just went to CF Novena 5 sept 2012 to check out the gym. There is only one person busy manning the counter and later I found out it’s due to 2 people taking MC.As he was busy, he asked us to take a seat while he leaves for a short while. There is a consultant seating near him and suddenly he talk in a loud reprimanding tone asking why there is no one at the counter. That is unreasonable as he probably knows and can see they are shorthanded and should help his colleague. The counter service guy returns and the consultant asked what he can do for us. We told him we would like to look at the club before deciding.

He just said Go ahead and we are left alone to explore the 3 storey club.
    That was very different from CF orchard . We were brought around by a consultant (JK) and met a trainer to give us ideas on how to train for toning and slimming. The reason we went to CF Novena is because that is my preferred location but after the experiences , CF Novena is definitely not our preferred gym.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34505686110731/k2311a055/5.5.09