Manila AMV College of Accountancy  » Education  »
University of Santo Tomas Espana, Manila
  • If you think that maintaining 2.5 and passing subjects are easy, well you are definitely wrong
  • If you have any problems, approach them because I know they are very much willing to help you

• by elreen14

When I was in high school I really don’t know what course to pursue and where to study. Come September I took the USTET exam and the result came out at around January. Luckily, I passed the test. I passed the course which is BS in Accountancy. Then before the pre-enlistment I was not 100% sure of pursuing this course and college but then I was destined to.

Then I was enrolled in AMV College of Accountancy in UST. This college has a good reputation when it comes to board exam. It is always the number 1 in its group. Passing

the entrance exam may be easy but staying is a different story.

I was then told of the college’s policy and rules. It was so strict. You need to maintain at least 2. 5 in your general weighted average every semester and there are also subject in which you need to pass or maintain certain grade.

I only have preliminary and final examinations. The college does not give any midterm or pre-final examinations. If you think that maintaining 2. 5 and passing subjects are easy, well you are definitely wrong.

Our passing is 70% or like getting 7 out of 10 questions and ...

• mind you it is just passing which is 3. It is a lot harder getting the needed grade which is 2. 5. The professors are giving hardest items in every test.

And as predicted, many students were failing in those tests. Oh I almost forgot. If you did not meet the requirements you will be out or the college which is called “debarment” and you are force to apply for another college or another school. There was also a documentary project that I did in my first year in this college.

Some of the projects also include term paper in English and

Filipino. There is also a website where some of the professors upload course notes and sometimes professor conduct online tests in this site. There are some kind professors but expect some strict professors also. You will learn a lot from them so build a good relationship with them.

If you have any problems, approach them because I know they are very much willing to help you. All you need to do is to exert efforts especially in recitations and quizzes in order to pass your subjects. Yes it is hard. I know but nothing is impossible.

Remember everything depends on you and only you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 50505685870731/k2311a055/5.5.09