MAC Cosmetics
  • I thought I'll give it a try and searched for them all over Bangalore
  • I noticed she was wearing make up, but isn't it obvious for someone who works in a make up store
  • I was offered a free trial to see if I like it
  • I was skeptical seeing the eruptions and allergy on my face, but anyways, I decided to give it a shot
  • But still I bought 3 out of the 4 things she used on me, all except the spray

• by osnia

My search for cosmetics began about a week before my marriage was scheduled, and on being forcefully bullied by a beauty parlour owner, I agreed to visit the MAC Store in Bangalore.

Well, actually this wasn’t the first place I visited. I have extremely sensitive skin, especially my facial skin. My skin allergy doesn’t allow me to use any kind of chemicals on my skin. But when one gets married, you just cannot do without a kg of makeup on yourself for at least a week in all the family ceremonies. I scanned almost every mall in Bangalore city with my fiancé, tried about 20 brands, but none was able to cover my allergy. The skin flakes would stand out even more prominently and eventually fall off due to dryness with all the foundation on them, leaving patches

of color on my face. I had practically given up when I was forced to try on MAX products by this lady friend of my Mom.

I thought I’ll give it a try and searched for them all over Bangalore. Let me tell you, you won’t find the complete range of MAC cosmetics in any store in Bangalore, except one place, which is the MAC store in MG Road, opposite to Garuda Mall.

The concept of having a dedicated store for a particular cosmetic brand isn’t so popular in India yet. But anyway I walked in with my fiancé to check it out. I was greeted by a very pleasant faced lady, dressed in black. I noticed she was wearing make up, but isn’t it obvious for someone who works in a make up store. She asked me what ...

• I was looking for. I didn’t have anything specific in mind, so she just took me around the store. The whole place was so neat, like a painter’s gallery. Different products lined up at one place, where it is so easy to pick up the right shade.

I was offered a free trial to see if I like it. I was skeptical seeing the eruptions and allergy on my face, but anyways, I decided to give it a shot. Out came her painting brushes, all sizes and shapes. Then she went to the product gallery and picked up 3-4 things. She began with a liquid spray which she sprinked on my face then followed it with concealer, then foundation and then compact. She did only half my face so that I can see the difference.. And wow!! I

couldn’t believe it.. Sure there was a difference.. All my eruptions, my allergy, the different complexion of my neck and face, it was all gone. Everything was one shade, one tone, and absolutely smooth with no flaking at all. I moved closer and stared at myself in the mirror. It was so perfect. No irritation, no burning, nothing at all.. Just smooth clear skin.

I had to buy it. But little did I know that such great things come at even greater prices. The products are extremely expensive. But still I bought 3 out of the 4 things she used on me, all except the spray.. And I’m using them almost every other day.. And I simply love the effect. I’m also married now, and thanks to MAC, my husband’s family still doesn’t have a clue about my allergies.

Neyhhaa says :

Where can i get MAC products in Pune?

Galega says :

You can check it at any Big Bazaar or Spencers’ Shops in Pune. MAC products are available at both of these locations. Apart from that, you can also buy it from Amazon India website.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31405685591231/k2311a054/5.4.09