Motel 6 Independence Missouri  » Hotels  »
2.0
4142 S. Noland Road, Independence, Missouri
  • Our first problem came when we tried to check in
  • There was no one inside the building we thought was ours and after checking, we noticed that the hotel next door had the Motel 6 address I had from their website

• by BHA03

On a recent trip to Kansas City, my husband and I booked a room at Motel 6. This was not our usual place to stay, but there was a room shortage and this was in the vicinity of where we wanted to be. We knew it had formerly been either a Holiday Inn or Howard Johnsons, so thought it would be fine.

Our first problem came when we tried to check in. There was no one inside the building we thought was ours and after checking, we noticed that the hotel next door had the Motel 6 address I had from their website. My husband tried to check in at the other hotel, but they sent him back to

the Motel 6. It was quite confusing.

Once we finally got checked in, we carried our luggage to the room. As we approached the building, we noticed how filthy the entrance windows were, which didn’t give us a great feeling. The building needs to be painted and some outdoor wood needs to be replaced. It was not a great looking place, but being a Motel 6, we weren’t expecting a 5 star hotel or even 3 star.

The room was okay. The size was fine, though it looked like the housekeeper was in a rush when she cleaned the room. The lamp was leaning sideways against the wall, the table was crammed against the window so the curtains were ...

• not hanging straight. The bed was made in an odd way and one pillow looked like it had been sat on. Still, it was okay for one night.

When I went to use the restroom, I noticed the door wouldn’t totally close or latch. I mentioned it to my husband and when he went in, he returned and told me why it wouldn’t latch. There was no hardware in the door! There was absolutely nothing there to latch to and no lock on the door of any kind.

Our other complaint was the lack of an alarm clock. I’ve stayed in cheaper places and expensive resorts and I’ve never had a room that didn’t have a clock.

The next morning when

we were ready to leave, there was no one at the desk so we could check out. My husband waited several minutes, calling out for someone and finally wandering the halls. No one came or replied. Sitting outside, I had the hotel phone number on a paper, so I called inside and someone answered. That’s how we got someone to go to the front desk so we could be on our way. If not for that phone call, there’s no telling how much longer we’d have waited.

All in all, it was not a great place to stay. I can’t say I’d never go back because it would do if I were desperate, but I’d never choose to stay there again

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2405685431131/k2311a054/5.4.09