Lawry’s Seasoning Salt  » Food  »
    • Item: Lawry’s Seasoning Salt Location: by: Famous

For as long as I can remember, there has ALWAYS been a container of Lawry’s Seasoning salt in our cupboard. My entire family always counted on it when making superb fried chicken, and many other dishes.

I cook with it now, but only sparingly.

My favorite thing to make with it is scrambled eggs.

My Dad used Lawry’s in his eggs a long time ago, and I always remembered how wonderful the eggs tasted after ...

• that.

I find that if you use too much of it in certain dishes–the dishes end up having a slightly artificial taste.

I don’t know what it is about Lawry’s that prevents that from happening when preparing fried chicken.

At any

rate, I find that using alternate spices yield the same effect…paprika, garlic, and a little regular salt are a great substitute for Lawry’s, which I suspect has a heavy sodium content.

It will remain a staple in the cabinet for a long time–as one container usually lasts me forever.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27110768510331/k2311a0711/7.11.06