Cisarua Safari Park  » Entertainment  »
Jl. Raya Taman Safari, Cisarua - Bogor, Indonesia
  • In my opinion, Safari Park is also a reliable breeding place
  • To avoid traffic jam, we usually leave home very early in the morning
  • I think it is a good value of money because you will meet lots of facilities there
  • Unfortunately, I always see many other visitor don't obey the rule
  • I suggest you to take some food and drink from home

• by annafi

Being opened for public in 1986, this Safari Park is a modern zoo tourist object in a natural beauty area. Before Cisarua Safari Park was established, the place was 136.5 hectares unproductive tea plantation of the Gede Pangrango mountain National Park. As one of the animal conservation center, Safari Park collects thousand animals from various local and worldwide species. In my opinion, Safari Park is also a reliable breeding place. The population of few almost extinct animal species have been successfully increased.

There are many public transportations which can take you to the location; the problem is the traffic jam often occurs along the road toward the Safari Park, especially on the weekend. To avoid traffic jam, we usually leave home very early in the morning. I have never visit Safari Park alone, I always bring my family together. If there is not any trouble along the way, it takes times about only one and a half hour from Bogor city to arrive at the park.

Another way to avoid traffic jam is visiting on workdays. On holidays this place is usually full of visitors. Safari Park opens daily from 7 am to 5 pm with the entrance ticket

price Rp 50.000, - (about $ 5) per person and Rp 15.000,- (about $1.5) per car. Every Saturday night, it has added program called Night Safari, open from 7 pm to 9 pm. I think it is a good value of money because you will meet lots of facilities there.

After buying entrance tickets, you will be given a brochure of Safari Park. There are information such as the map of the park and the schedules of free educational animal shows. Don’t lose the brochure. Safari Park is a huge place, you will need the map. If you bring your own car, you are straightly directed to follow the route to enter the open animal zone. If you don’t bring a car, you can ride the free Safari Park bus which leave every half an hour from the bus shuttle.

Entering the beginning of animal zone, I feel like being a guest in an animal kingdom. Many animals are straying in this area. There is not any security fence. Drive your car carefully and slowly. Zebras and deer are usually nearing your car. Don’t feed them, because it is prohibited. Unfortunately, I always see many other visitor ...

• don’t obey the rule. You still can open the car windows because they are harmless animals. Several animal species such as elephant, bear, rhinoceros and hippopotamus are separated from visitors by trench around each animal’s area. Continuing to follow the route, you will enter wild life area or danger zone. Lions and tigers live in this zone. Don’t open your car windows. If there is a trouble with the car, don’t get out of your car. Let the staff of the park help you. I more often see tigers and lions are sleeping. I think they are kept to be always full enough to avoid being aggressive to visitors.

Getting out from the animal zone, there is the amusement park in the front which offers free animal education shows (elephant, various animals, birds of pray, sea lions, lions and tigers), cowboy show and games. I usually watch all the shows. You can use the brochure as your guidance because the time and the place are different for each show. The newest is wild-wild west show. You can see the attractive action of cowboys in a cowboy movie set. I found that the sound system quality is lack. This fifteen

minutes longed cowboy show is only played once a day, so be sure not to miss it.

While waiting for another show, you can visit bird park, baby zoo, primates and reptiles park. If you would like to take an elephant ride, try this new program Elephant Adventure. Buying separated ticket (about $5 per person); you can enjoy the elephant ride around the park for about an hour. I’ve never tried this because I don’t dare to do it. According to the experience of my big brother, the elephant ride is a truly enjoyable experience. Many games in the amusement park are for children visitors. My favorite game is the giant wheel. It is very exciting to watch Safari Park from above and enjoy the cool mountain air. A swimming pool is also available. I don’t recommend it because the water is too cold to swim.

I suggest you to take some food and drink from home. There are some restaurants in this place, but the prices are expensive enough. It is better to wear comfortable footwear because you will do lots of walk in this huge park. Have an enjoyable recreation in Cisarua Safari Park!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 593004684400830/k2311a0430/4.30.09