Fiber One Bran Cereal  » Food  »
  • I bought it because of the high fiber content
  • So, this is not some boring, bland cereal that you have to choke down
  • I like that it has two individual half packages of cereal instead of one whole package, this means it's less likely to go stale

• by TheClassyWoman

I wanted to write a review because the fiber one bran cereal has become one of my favorite cereals. I bought it because of the high fiber content. Almost all of us are not getting enough fiber so I though this would be a great addition with 14g per bowl!

It also happens to be pretty low calorie too. One 1/2 cup serving is only 60 calories and then if you add 1/2 cup of soymilk or skim milk, it’s only 100 calories total! so, I often put some strawberries, blueberries or

banana on top and add a sprinkle of cinnamon too.

If you eat one of the cereal pieces on it’s own out of the box you can taste that it is a bit sweet. It doesn’t contain any sugar though so it is mainly just the natural starches you taste. So, this is not some boring, bland cereal that you have to choke down. I sometimes for interest, mix in a little granola too or add some chopped nuts.

It is a 1 lb box and it lasts quite a while. I like ...

• that it has two individual half packages of cereal instead of one whole package, this means it’s less likely to go stale.

It got the 2008 best taste award. I have to agree, it’s good! Often they will run promotions too. The lastest box had a buy one, get one free coupon on it for the yoplait fiber one yogurt too which was cool!

I really just love that it has no sugar, only 1g of fat and low calorie as well as the fact that it has such high amounts of fiber,

50% of your daily recommended amount just at breakfast alone! My husband loves this one too. He and I both like healthy cereal but it has to still taste good and I keep catching him stealing my cereal! LOL.

Anyway, this would be great to add to your kids regular cereal too to get them some fiber since most of the sugary cereals have next to none. Slowly switch them over or maybe put it in your spouse’s cereal if they are not particularly healthy. I give this one a 10 for sure!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273004684000830/k2311a0430/4.30.09