Munden Point Park in Virginia Beach VA  » Travel  »
Virginia Beach VA
  • I love to sit and admire the view with my family
  • It is my favorite park in Virginia Beach - I highly recommend it for families and sports enthusiasts as well as couples looking for a romantic spot for a lovely afternoon

• by worldtravelingmom
      Munden Point Park is a hidden jewel in the public park system of Virginia Beach, Virginia. Somewhat off the beaten path, this beautiful park is unknown by many locals as well as most tourists, but it is well worth the 15-minute drive from the Pungo section of Virginia Beach. A short drive through the surprisingly rural southernmost section of Virginia Beach leads you to Munden Point on the North Landing River.

The official address of the park

is 2001 Pefley Lane and it is open 7 days a week from 6:30 am until dusk. Their phone number is (757) 426-5296.

The park’s location on the North Landing River is really gorgeous - the coastline is still quite wild and the water is open with a good wind blowing across it many days. I love to sit and admire the view with my family.

There are picnic tables and grills along the water are a nice way to enjoy the scenery. There is also a boat ramp that is well-used by boaters as well as kayakers.

The Intracoastal Waterway passes through the North Landing River as it heads to North Carolina. Some of the other amenities are several nice and fairly up-to-date playgrounds, numerous shelters that are very popular for family gatherings, many athletic fields and courts, a walking and fitness trail, horseshoe pits, and boat rentals as well as snack machines ...

• Munden Point Park in Virginia Beach VA
      and public restrooms.

There is also an outdoor theater that can be reserved for special occasions. A new frisbee golf course completes the amenities.

Large treed areas provide shelter from the sun and a nice place to rest after a meal or sports. The central well-tended flower gardens and mock windmill are also beautiful and unique.

This area reminds just a bit of the more formal and decorative style of gardens in Europe. During the week, you

won’t find many people at the park - in fact, I once took my kids to the playground and it felt a little too solitary for my taste! But on the weekends, the park comes to life and there are many families and groups enjoying the day in a special place.

It is my favorite park in Virginia Beach - I highly recommend it for families and sports enthusiasts as well as couples looking for a romantic spot for a lovely afternoon!

Dubravka says :

re : It is my favorite park in Virginia Beach - I highly recommend it for families and sports enthusiasts as well as couples looking for a romantic spot for a lovely afternoon
I don’t live there and I’m actually from Europe still, it’s a one lovely view.

Joel says :

I attended a friends’ pre-wedding get together at this park last summer. I found it to be very clean with availability being no problem. Seems like one of Va Beach’s best kept secrets I thoroughly enjoyed the drive out there and the event I attended was wonderful

Martin Wydra says :

Do you need a freshwater or saltwater fishing license to fish there? Can you fish off the banks?

Marg says :

Yes, you will need to have a freshwater. You can confirm here:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38100768371231/k2311a0710/7.10.06