Furminator  » Pets  »
  • I was hesitant to buy this as I had already purchased two dog brushes within about a two-month period and been disappointed with the results
  • This was an amazing tool that would solve the shedding problem created by my two dogs
  • I don't blame the Furminator and I don't think she experiences true discomfort when I de-shed here

• by leilanrose

Okay, the name alone makes this sound like some cheesy, late-night piece of junk that will fall apart in a month. I was hesitant to buy this as I had already purchased two dog brushes within about a two-month period and been disappointed with the results.

I visited the website and watched the video. This was an amazing tool that would solve the shedding problem created by my two dogs. I have two dogs, and while one is an

Australian Cattle Dog (ACD) who doesn’t shed excessively, she does still shed. Our second dog is a Heinz 57 mix. Her fur is copious, very fine, and it leaves wispy trails wherever she goes.

I ordered the medium-sized Furminator online. While the larger size would be great on our Heinz 57 dog, the medium-sized de-shedder is extremely effective. I figured the large size Furminator would be overkill on the ACD.

The Furminator works by removing hair from your dog’s undercoat. You need to be careful when using the Furminator as to not cut into your dog’s skin. While that sounds scary, it’s actually quite easy to get used to using the tool. The dog of ours who has lots of fur loves the feeling of the Furminator and is pretty patient when we use it on her. I imagine that getting rid of some of that excess fur is a relief especially when the temperature starts to rise ...

• Furminator
      during the summer. Now that the weather is getting warmer, I’m using this tool more frequently to help the dogs get rid of that fur they’re shedding anyway. The ACD doesn’t like the tool, but she will tolerate it. I don’t blame the Furminator and I don’t think she experiences true discomfort when I de-shed here. She doesn’t like to be brushed so the good thing about this tool over a regular dog brush is that it gets
      more fur more quickly.

The Furminator comes in three sizes for dogs (one size for cats and one size for horses). They range in price from $30-$60 retail for the various dog Furminators, but I’ve seen some nice sales on them so you may be able to get one for cheaper. The “blade” for the medium Furminator is about 2-2/3 inches and is made of stainless steel.

While my dogs still shed frequently, this allows us to brush them less frequently.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 293004683630730/k2311a0430/4.30.09