Sunshine Hills Golf Course  » Sport  »
10646 64th Avenue, Delta, BC, Canada
  • Another issue I have is that I don't enjoy spending upwards of 5 hours participating in something I don't love, and sometimes don't even like
  • My favourite feature is that 18 holes on this golf course takes about 2 hours total, so it is perfect for after work, or on a weekend when you have lots of other activities going on and cannot spend the better part of a day golfing
  • I feel very much at home at Sunshine Hills, and would definitely suggest this course for beginner golfers like me

• by Jessie Bahrey

As a beginner golfer, I admit that I find the sport difficult and frustrating. One of my main frustrations is that because I am learning, I often feel rushed by the groups behind me. Another issue I have is that I don’t enjoy spending upwards of 5 hours participating in something I don’t love, and sometimes don’t even like. Both of these issues are solved when I golf at Sunshine Hills Golf Course in North Delta, BC. The course is only a par 3, 18 holes facility, so it is perfect for the beginner golfer, or even one who doesn’t have the time to spend four plus hours at the course. It is great practice for me, and I never feel rushed, because many of

the participants and locals who play here are people like me who want to play golf, but not at the pace of many of the bigger, more popular courses.

The course itself is very small, so more experienced golfers will probably be very bored playing here. However, for beginners it is perfect. None of the holes are particularly difficult, but they do provide enough of a challenge for many golfers. There is a decent driving range and putting green attached to the course, and the lounge is small but the beer is cold and the staff is friendly. My favourite feature is that 18 holes on this golf course takes about 2 hours total, so it is perfect for after work, or on a weekend when ...

• you have lots of other activities going on and cannot spend the better part of a day golfing. I have built up a great deal of confidence by playing at Sunshine Hills, and have been able to play bigger, more challenging course on occasion because of the practice and confidence I have achieved from playing this small but comfortable course. Many of the regulars are seniors, which suits me fine, and there is never an issue with ‘playing through’ a slow group or wild shots being aimed at your head. I have even been able to switch tee times with a group of two senior golfers so that they could play ahead of my little group of four beginner players. There are adequate washroom facilities
        on the course, and the greens are well taken care of. The scenery is not spectacular, but there are plenty of trees and flowers, as well as a few water features to challenge the golfers. There are plenty of hawks and eagles in the area as well, and enough shade to make very hot days less onerous.

The lounge is small but everyone is very friendly, and the patio has a nice view of the course. I have on more than one occasion limped into the clubhouse, with my feet bleeding from terrible blisters, and had some nice regulars offer band aids and advice for painful golf shoes. I feel very much at home at Sunshine Hills, and would definitely suggest this course for beginner golfers like me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 353004683050630/k2311a0430/4.30.09