Hoyle Casino Empire
  • Sometimes you find the most interesting games in the discount bin
  • The scenarios are not the most original in the world, but I found myself hard pressed to pull myself away from the game
  • I think it would really have added to the realness of the game had I been able to do so, however such was not the case
  • But for five bucks in a discount bin it is definitely a source of hours and hours of entertainment

• by James Fleming
      Sometimes you find the most interesting games in the discount bin. For instance, Hoyle Casino Empire. This is an older game, published back in 2002, but it is certainly still enjoyable.

After all, who hasn’t wanted to be the manager of their own casino empire?

The game is surprisingly addictive, at least at first. The scenarios are not the most original in the world, but I found myself hard pressed to pull myself away from the game.

Perhaps it was all the flashing lights and the excitement of making

so much money and being in control of it all, or perhaps it was something else, I’m not sure, but I was hooked from the instant I started playing. Hoyle Casino Empire is relatively easy.

The casino designs are essentially in place, all you decide is where the games go, where the services go (these are wallpaper services, basically just changing the look of the wall in the game), and where decorations go. You are also in control of some other aspects, such as building hotel rooms and how much money you ...

• spend on PR for your casino.

The scenarios require you to make certain amounts of money, have a certain number of patrons and a certain casino rating all done in a certain amount of time. Most of the 8 scenarios I beat on the first try without too much difficulty, although I did have problems with the last couple of them.

Despite the ease, however, it was still very fun to play. The one thing that did annoy me about the game was the inability to rotate the screen.

Almost any

Sim or Tycoon game worth its salt has this ability, but it is strangely lacking in Hoyle Casino Empire. I think it would really have added to the realness of the game had I been able to do so, however such was not the case.

Once the game is beaten, though, it can get pretty tedious. After a while the thrill wears off and you put it on the shelf where so many other games have gone.

But for five bucks in a discount bin it is definitely a source of hours and hours of entertainment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28100768290331/k2311a0710/7.10.06