Metropolitan Hospital Manila
  • The only thing that I can criticize is their hospital food is sometimes non edible

• by Kendrick

Metropolitan Hospital is one of the more advance medical facilities in Manila. This hospital has endeared itself to my family already for reasons that my sister and I were born here and that practically my whole family has experienced being confined here although not a good thing.

The Metropolitan Hospital was established

forty years ago and is located at the far end of Masangkay Street in Binondo Manila. The early founders of the hospital were Filipino-Chinese doctors that hoped to spread Christianity.

The hospital has very competitive services and facilities that can match that of St. Lukes and the Medical City. Although not as glamorous and as new as the two, Metropolitan manages to provide quality medical services to the patients like my mom and dad who were treated to courteous and hospitable, not to mention knowledgeable, staffs and doctors when they hospitalized for hysterectomy and stroke respectively. My family has been very familiar with the ...

• Metropolitan Hospital Manila
      hospital that this is where we have our medical consultations as well.

Recreational facilities are not lacking either. The hospital houses a salon, internet café, restaurant and grocery and coffee shop to provide the visitors and patients convenience in doing their personal things. Other restaurants are also situated nearby. Every time I am

there, I always make it a point to stop by the Chinese restaurant to make my trip worthwhile.

Room rates are fairly priced as well. Their going rate for private room is Ps. 2,200.00 with a 5% discount.

The only thing that I can criticize is their hospital food is sometimes non edible.

-17
ying says :

Hi, Thanks for posting this review. I could not find much review about hospitals and this is really very helpful. My dad was advised by his friend to see a doctor in Metropolitan Hospital and was told that the doctors there are good. i tried to search the web and your review was the only one of its kind. I hope you could also give me the name of your parents` doctor. My dad is suspected to have mild strokes attacks but we are yet to confirm. How is the consultation? Was it comprehensive? Other doctors seem to be in such hurry… i hope to find someone who would really spend time discussing things to us. Lastly, is it affordable? I hope it`s not that expensive. Hope to hear from you soon.

Jose says :

The hospital staff and nurses act like trainees that when you ask for assistance or information, they will look at you with a blank stare or look at the older head nurse on what to do. Most of the doctors here are of Chinese decent thus clients of this hospital are Chinese from mainland China and only because other hospitals’ doctors would have difficulty communicating in Chinese. If you want better doctors go to Manila Doctors Hospital, Manila Medical Center or Philippine General Hospital Paying Ward.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263004682800630/k2311a0430/4.30.09