Heavenly Man, Brother Yun book  » Books  »
  • Being a Christian, she told me that it is a book that can definitely inspire the Christianity among us, myself included
  • Inspiring as his story was, there is one thing I completely disagree
  • I thought it was not necessary for him to narrate that
  • The part I love the most is his encounter with a Catholic priest
  • Heavenly Man is a book I'd never hesitate to recommend to strengthen one' Christian faith

• by Kendrick

Heavenly Man was my girlfriend’s Christmas gift for me. Being a Christian, she told me that it is a book that can definitely inspire the Christianity among us, myself included.

I was skeptic at first. I never liked reading stories on how devoted and passionate these people are in serving the Lord and propagating the Gospel.

But I was wrong and gladly to be so.

The story of Brother Yun or known as the Heavenly Man was a

story that can inspire even the atheists. His story is about how he tried to spread the Gospel against the great opposition during the regime of then Chairman Mao.

He was tortured, berated and almost killed on several occasions but his faith stood firm against all the tragedies thrown at him. It was during this time that Christianity experienced a great resurgence of faith and ironically, it was in the midst of the darkest days of China. Indeed his story gave testament of the light brought forth in the name of Jesus Christ.

Inspiring as his story was, there is one thing I completely disagree. On one occasion as Brother Yun narrated, he helped a Buddhist monk convert to Christianity and destroyed all the relics upon the request of the former monk. I thought it was not necessary for him to narrate that. Christianity will shine if it is the truth and there is no ...

• Heavenly Man, Brother Yun book
      need to put another religion down just to uphold this. It is akin to criticizing all other religions and saying they are all false. God’s mercy transcends to all and not just to some.

The part I love the most is his encounter with a Catholic priest. He mentioned that at the beginning the priest was cold towards him since he is not a Catholic but eventually, their love for God united them and they even praised the

Lord together. He highlighted that across all denominations, Christ is still at the center of Christian theme.

Christian books have had similar and redundant themes with each preacher claiming their lives are unique. I had it with them but somehow, the story of Brother Yun as the Heavenly Man is different from the rest. I guess I can empathize with him being a Chinese myself. Heavenly Man is a book I’d never hesitate to recommend to strengthen one’ Christian faith.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 173004682770630/k2311a0430/4.30.09