University of Santo Tomas (Philippines)  » Education  »
España, Manila, Philippines

• by thedreamer

When I was a fourth year high school student in Davao City, me and my classmates were busy applying in prestigious universities in the country. Among our top choices were University of the Philippines (Diliman and Manila), Ateneo de Manila University, De La Salle University (Taft), and University of Santo Tomas. Ateneo de Manila University and De La Salle University are known for their business courses while University of the Philippines (Manila) and University of Santo Tomas are known for their health sciences/medical courses.

I received a mail saying that I passed the entrance

exam and was called for an interview. I went there to be interviewed and luckily, I passed it.

I was accepted into the university under the College of Rehabilitation Sciences with the course of Physical Therapy. Without second thoughts, I later enrolled into University of Santo Tomas as a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy student.

I could say I made a good choice. The university instils the students with the Thomasian values: competent, committed, and compassionate individuals.

These values are important when students are laid into the real world. The teachers and ...

• professors are nurturing us intellectually, spiritually and emotionally.

They ensure us quality education by updating their teaching strategies, conducting researches and made us evaluate the teachers twice a year. This gave them feedbacks regarding student satisfaction with the faculty.

In spiritual terms, we have theology classes which discussed about Christian values. As a whole, the university cared for our emotional well being.

From time to time, the guidance counsellor of our college visits us and asks us about our concerns while keeping track of our academic performance. An incident which deeply moved me was

when I was in my third year college, second semester.

I was struggling with some of my majors. My attention was called by a teacher and he talked to me.

He told me that he is concerned of my low grades because I have been performing well during the first semester. Normally, I would have been ashamed of myself for performing poorly but a different feeling emerged.

It’s the feeling being motivated by a mentor that despite of having many students in the college, you are still remembered and cared for by the teachers.

shiela mallari says :

hello I grow in philippines and now im staying here in bangkok. since my mom decided to stay here tumigil po ako ng highschool. im a 3rd year high school when I stop and leave manila. i just want to know if you are offering a online highschool student? and how much is it? and ano po ung mga requirements? thank u po and hoping for your reply

Jules Li says :

There aren’t any high school courses offered through UST, it’s a university.

Ric Santos says :

Apologies but there are still high school courses in UST. In fact, they have two Junior High Schools (one housed in the Benavides Bldg. formerly UST-HS and another the UST-Education High School which located at the Albertus Magnus Building). They already have the Senior High School which can be found in the UST Alumni Bldg. near the P.Noval gate. The only thing that was stopped or removed is the Elementary Education. FYI.

shiela says :

hello, i just want to know if youre offering a online study? and how much?

Jules Li says :

Shiela, there’s not currently an online program offered through UST.

aila says :

I read that you graduated from College of Rehabilitation Sciences in UST. I am also from UST and right now I am considering College of Rehabilitation Sciences as my course. I will be a fourth year student this incoming school year and I am planning to take Physical Theraphy in UST. Would you mine writing more about your experience in college at the College of Rehabilitation Sciences? and how hard the entrance examination USTET in UST is? I really want to know more about this course. Did you already graduated? If you did was it hard to loos for jobs here in the philippines? Sorry for asking a lot of questions but i really want to know more about this line of work so i would know if i should take it or not. I hope you will reply to my message. You can send it to my email at ailabayiet yahoo.com Thank you for posting this review and i would like to thank you in advance for reading my message. _

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502904682291230/k2311a0429/4.29.09