MMORPG: Mabinogi
  • During my Mabinogi experience I had been quickly pulled, attached, and addicted to completing quests
  • This made Mabinogi very interesting for me as I experimented with multiple skills, inventing various strategies, and conquering the monsters of the game (Formers)

• by Damie

Mabinogi is a massively multiplayer online game (MMO), but also a role playing game as well. This makes Mabinogi categorized as an MMORPG. Unlike other MMORPG’S Mabinogi is very story oriented. Quests are in a way linked to the main storyline. During my Mabinogi experience I had been quickly pulled, attached, and addicted to completing quests. The excellent experience gain and item rewards made them worthwhile. Its graphics are anime-like and can be very appealing to anime lovers. This was one of the factors that lured me to it.

The game

play of Mabinogi is a turn based free controlled like system. The battles make Mabinogi very strategic. During my various combat encounters I used multiple skills, including “Smash”, “Defense”, “Counterattack”, and of course the regular attack. With Mabinogi’s turn based elements the battle’s proceeded as so: Smash, Counterattack, Defend, Normal Attack, Repeat. It was nearly like a mix Of Kingdom Hearts (battle System) and Final Fantasy (Turn Based System). This made Mabinogi very interesting for me as I experimented with multiple skills, inventing various strategies, and conquering the monsters of ...

• the game (Formers).

In Mabinogi there is always something to do. Whether it be completing a quest, engaging in battles, or just hanging out in your house with your friends. Pets are also attainable though Nexon Cash (a form of in game real cash currency). From my personal experience with pets in the game they are very useful, and contain their own sets of skills. They can also make their own decisions using artificial intelligence and entertain your friends’ in-game. These pets are loyal companions and have the ability

to aid you in battle, and do some special pet exclusive tricks. Also in Mabinogi certain jobs are available to players. These include blacksmith, tailor, and farming activities. Mabinogi is very active when it comes to events and contests. They occur very often, so do updates (patches) and game improvements.

Overall with Mabinogi’s community, Game Play, Events, and originality i have to conclude Mabinogi with a score of 7/10. One major flaw ruined the experience for me . . . . the tactics and money making got too tedious for my liking.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282904682241230/k2311a0429/4.29.09