Ralph Lauren Paint  » Housewares  »
  • The colours range from traditional to trendy, and the names for the colours are never boring
  • One issue I have had is that this paint has a tendency to dry very quickly, which can be an asset if you are applying two or more coats, but this can also be a detriment as it will dry so quickly on the brushes, so I find that I must clean the brushes almost immediately
  • Another feature that I like is that this brand has more of a flat finish, as opposed to glossy, so once dry, it tends to look deeper and richer

• by Jessie Bahrey

In every home renovation store, there are always a multitude of brands and shades of paint. It can be frustrating to find just the right colour for your project. Lately, I have been using Ralph Lauren paint, which I purchase at Home Depot, and have been very happy with its colour selection, texture and ease of application.

I find the colour selection of Ralph Lauren paint to be more extensive than other brands, as well as richer looking.

The colours range from traditional to trendy, and the names for the colours are never boring; lately, I have used colours with names like ‘architectural off- white,’ ‘collegiate yellow,’ and ‘oak’ instead of just the standard white, yellow and brown. It somehow makes me feel happier to purchase paint with these names. The process of picking out colours is also different with this brand of paint-Ralph Lauren does not offer the customer colour palette cards, so you cannot see the various gradations of the basic colour scheme. While many people may find this a bit strange, this has allowed and even pushed me to be more creative and courageous with my colour choices. It is difficult to explain why, but without the colour gradations, I have to make a choice based on my own imagination, rather than relying on the colour palette cards.

The paint itself is average coverage, and the whites are very ...

• Ralph Lauren Paint
      thick and seem to be the easiest to apply. The deeper colours seem a bit on the thin side, but all the colours go on very smoothly. One issue I have had is that this paint has a tendency to dry very quickly, which can be an asset if you are applying two or more coats, but this can also be a detriment as it will dry so quickly on the brushes, so I find that I
      must clean the brushes almost immediately. Another feature that I like is that this brand has more of a flat finish, as opposed to glossy, so once dry, it tends to look deeper and richer.

The price of Ralph Lauren paint is slightly higher than many of the other brands, but it does seem worth it to me as I have now consistently used Ralph Lauren paint for my entire house and I am more than satisfied with the results.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532904682081230/k2311a0429/4.29.09