Island Escape Brazil cruise ship  » Cruises/Ferries  »
  • I want to tell the good points but also I have to mention how disappointed we became about many aspects regarding this ship and its staff
  • At first sight we can be impressed how the staff hostess us smiling, putting a flower necklace on us (while saying 'welcome aboard'), as usual and very common in travels such like that one
  • Talking about food, in my opinion, in general there's a big variety of food on the ship and very well cooked
  • The room service is not the best nad housekeepers can be really rude
  • It was the first and the last experience with this ship

• by Onix10

Island Escape is a cruise ship from Island Cruises, a Company specialized in sea tourism. At a certain time ago I went with some friends to a cruise in Brazil and we had the possibility to go to wonderful places like Buzios and Angre dos Reis, real paradises in Brazil. Also we went to Sao Paolo (Santos) and Salvador (Bahia), a real fascinating place with its smiling and friendly people. I want to tell the good points but also I have to mention how disappointed we became about many aspects regarding this ship and its staff.

First of all, the good points: the trips among the islands: really wonderful places and plenty of time to enjoy every one of these paradises. Normally we had all day long and drinks & food at the place, offered by the Cruise. The boat thay use to bring the passengers to the islands is very safe and this part of the staff is really concerned about the security of guests.

The ship has a very warming reception. At first sight we can be impressed how the staff hostess us smiling, putting a flower necklace on us (while saying ‘welcome aboard’), as usual and very common in travels such like that one. The impression we have is that all will be perfect… When entering the ship, we can see how cleaned the reception is with its beautiful furniture. In my opinion, the theatre is not so big and I didn’t get so much impressed about it but

I could enjoy and to feel myself comfortable while I was watching some shows. The stage however is not nice, I mean, not big and good enough and there aren’t many electronic resources, but even with it, it’s a kind of simple and nice place to be in.

Island Escape has very nice places, such as the English Pub I must confess I really liked this part of the ship because I really felt in a pub in England! it’s one of the most beautiful places of the ship. We can choose to have the meals among three different restaurants along the ship and honestly I preffered the Beachcomber because I could enjoy the landscape of the sea and also because there was a big variety of food on the buffet. But be careful about the wind sometimes it can be really difficult! Talking about food, in my opinion, in general there’s a big variety of food on the ship and very well cooked. Lots of fruits on the breakfast, good coffee, etc. Anyway, one can choose among three different restaurants, 3 lounges and 6 bars to eat or to have a snack and drinks. Another nice place is the disco not so big also, but at least it has wonderful music and lights. It can be messy when it’s crowded, but one can have lots of fun there. In the morning there are exercises at the swimming pool area the unique ...

• on the ship and not good or big enough.

The ship is also equiped with a very good gym ad hair & beauty saloon. I used them 3 times and really liked them. On eimportant point is the fact they have a daily and good program for children and one can feel relaxed while children are being cared by the animation tem for children.

The bad points: sometimes some of the people from crew / staff can be a bit rude. In my opinion, because they are from different nationalities (many ones, really) sometimes I could clearly see internal problems, such as discussions among them, what affected clearly some services. Some of them can be really pushy for the guests to have drinks (and later one of them even told me they have to do this because the salary they get are based in the quantity of drinks they sell). Depending on the number of passengers on board, the servives can be even worse, for example, tables can be completely full of used things a big big mess! There’s a big discrepancy and while we can see some waiters / waitresses cleaning tables around, others are only ordering and bringing drinks, not even taking care of what’s on the table, being necessary our request! In general drinks are ok, but with a bit of bay luck you can have a beer not in the correct tenperature (and in brazilian weather it can be worse, believe me!) . The swimming pool

is really small and normally dirty and the music they put in the area can be old fashioned and very loud!

In some nights, I must say I didn’t like the shows not really always good shows / production. Sometimes can be hard to get the attention of a waiter inside of the Ocean theatre and in this way, it becomes very hard to order a drink! They really forget about guests there! Installations for internet cafe are poor and extremely expensive to use. But what’s worse not only for me but also for my friends, are the installations of the rooms!… Honestly when entering the ship, we imagine one kind of room very spacious, well organized, good installation… But the reality is totally the opposite! If you have problems regarding small places, so please dont buy a cruise on this ship! … Very small cabins and toilets! Zero to it!… The room service is not the best nad housekeepers can be really rude.

The ship should be repaired in a way of to offer better quality to its guests and in my opinion, the staff should receive more trainings regarding the relation with passengers.

Well… I don’t consider to take another cruise on board of Island Escape even it’s a cruise to Mediterranean. I believe it’s better and safer to take a cruise in another company. I don’t recomend Island Escape to anyone. It was the first and the last experience with this ship!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 42904682071230/k2311a0429/4.29.09