Maybelline New York Mineral Power foundation
2.5
  • The only thing that puzzled me was how to use it, as I believe this small 30ml bottle contained a powder
  • I thought duh, where else was I going to put foundation
  • I was really disappointed that this wasn't a powder, but it is a decent foundation

• by Melissa Glenn

I had been hearing all this fuss about new mineral make-up and wanted to try it; so I bought Maybelline New York Mineral Power foundation in Nude or Light 4. I had the Cosmetician at my local drug store help me pick the perfect foundation color to match my pale skin, and I couldn’t wait to get home and try this new foundation.

One of the reasons why I wanted to try this Mineral Power foundation was that the Cosmetician stated that it gives you ‘medium’ coverage. As I am over 30 light coverage foundations

are only good for high summer, so I was confident that this foundation would give me the right amount of color. The only thing that puzzled me was how to use it, as I believe this small 30ml bottle contained a powder.

Boy was I confused when I peeled off the direction label on the back of the Maybelline Mineral Power foundation bottle. It stated to apply across my face! I thought duh, where else was I going to put foundation! When I opened the plastic bottle I was surprised to find ...

• this mineral make-up was in fact a liquid! I applied it like any other liquid foundation and then went to look closely in the mirror.

I cannot understand what all the fuss is about Maybelline New York Mineral Power foundation. It did indeed give me good medium coverage meaning that tiny skin imperfections of mine didn’t show, and my pores did indeed look smaller, but it wasn’t exciting, except for the fact that this shade Nude or Light 4 was an incredible match for my skin tone.

There is nothing special about this liquid foundation. It may

indeed contain minerals but then again most foundations in the medium to high end price range do. I was really disappointed that this wasn’t a powder, but it is a decent foundation. Trouble was it was very expensive at 15.99CDN and I could get a regular liquid foundation at half the price.

Don’t be fooled by the word ‘mineralMaybelline New York Mineral Power foundation is just a fancy word for a rather good liquid foundation. If you want real mineral foundation buy a powder one, other than that this product is not worth the money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312804681650230/k2311a0428/4.28.09