Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures Fabric Softener  » Housewares  »
1.0
  • I couldn't imagine what pink opal would smell like in a liquid fabric softener, but as I often only buy things on sale and this product was only $3.99 down from $7.99 I decided I would take the plunge and find out
  • This Ultra Downy product is from their radiance Collection, and I think Downy just came up with a fancy name to make people think this fabric softener is some sort of luxury item
  • The first time I opened the 816ml bottle I was hit by a perfume smell so strong that I thought I would keel over

• by Melissa Glenn

Many products are now ultra concentrated and the Downy products line is no exception with their new Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures Fabric Softener in pink opal. I couldn’t imagine what pink opal would smell like in a liquid fabric softener, but as I often only buy things on sale and this product was only $3.99 down from $7.99 I decided I would take the plunge and find out.

This Ultra Downy product is from their radiance Collection, and I think Downy just came up with a fancy name to make people think this fabric softener is some sort of luxury item.

The bottle itself is quite attractive and the colour is somewhere between lilac and hot pink and the plastic itself twists as it goes up to a gold coloured cap. This is quite a clever concept as it made me think about a sweater being rung out.

I should have left this Downy product on the shelf at the supermarket. The only thing attractive about it is in fact the packaging. The first time I opened the 816ml bottle I was hit by a perfume smell so strong that I thought I would keel over! Even worse the scent is ...

• unrecognisable it doesn’t smell like any other scent I have ever smelt. I did proceed to pour the thick white liquid into my washing machine thinking surely the smell would be weaker in the rinse water and simply leave my clothes smelling fresh.

Boy was I wrong about the smell of this Ultra Downey Simple Pleasures Fabric Softener getting weaker. In fact, when I hung some clothes up to air dry in my home the smell seemed to get stronger and people coming into my home asked what the smell was! It was ridicules to me that I was scenting my

home with a fabric softener.

Nothing got rid of this smell. I rinsed out the washing machine, re-washed the clothes then hung them out on the clothesline. They still came in smelling like the fabric softener. It took quite some time and quite a few washings to get the Downy smell off my clothes and I will never use this product again.

Do not buy Ultra Downy Simple Pleasures fabric softener unless you need your sinuses clean. It is absolutely horrendous which a big disappointment is as I usually enjoy the Downy line of products. This one however; is definitely one to miss!

Karen April Samarca says :

I really do like Downy Fabric Conditioner. There was a time after I laundry my clothes and dried, I arranged it to my cabinet, and then I think, what if Downy Fabric Conditioner Company will make like a Moth Ball, but the smell is like fabric conditioner . Hope you will.. God Bless and Thank You..

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532804681590230/k2311a0428/4.28.09