Herbal Nin Jiom Cough Syrup  » Medicine  »
  • This cough syrup is an expectorant and as it advertised that it contained all natural ingredients and was alcohol free I bought it on sale for $4.99CDN
  • But it does taste absolutely awful and even worse I found it incredibly difficult to get the cough syrup out of the bottle
  • After a week of continued use, I noticed not only had my cough healed but that my allergies were much improved
  • I like that there is no anti-histamine or drowsy cold products in Nin Jiom and that is the chief reason I bought it
  • If you like me are following the trend of curing your families ailments with more naturally sourced products then definitely try Herbal Nin Jiom Cough Syrup

• by Melissa Glenn

I had bought the same alcohol free cough syrup for years, but when it suddenly wasn’t available anymore my pharmacist recommended Herbal Nin Jiom Cough Syrup. This cough syrup is an expectorant and as it advertised that it contained all natural ingredients and was alcohol free I bought it on sale for $4.99CDN.

I had never heard about Nin Jiom health products before and I have to say this expectorant is attractively packaged in a yellow and green box, the front of which shows plants growing to re-enforce the idea that it is an herbal based

medicine. I just hoped it would work.

This cough syrup really does work! But it does taste absolutely awful and even worse I found it incredibly difficult to get the cough syrup out of the bottle. The first time I went to use it, I shook the bottle then proceeded to try and pour it on to a teaspoon, and it just wouldn’t come out! I then made the mistake of tapping the bottle so that a big glob of it fell on to my teaspoon and off onto the counter. I finally mastered my technique; ...

• I tap the cough syrup gently then turn the bottle sideways to pour it on to my spoon.

This Herbal Nin Jiom Cough Syrup is the colour of honey, and feels very soothing when I swallow it. After a week of continued use, I noticed not only had my cough healed but that my allergies were much improved. To my surprise on the side of this box I found that it did actually state that this expectorant is also designed to cure coughs which have been caused by seasonal allergies.

I like that there is no anti-histamine

or drowsy cold products in Nin Jiom and that is the chief reason I bought it. The only non-medicinal product it contains is honey and there are no dyes, added sugar or artificial flavorings, which make me, understand why it tastes just awful! Instead each dosage of this expectorant contains the herbs Loquat, Dandelion, Peking Spurge, Chinese Liquorice, Mandarin Orange and Senega.

If you like me are following the trend of curing your families ailments with more naturally sourced products then definitely try Herbal Nin Jiom Cough Syrup. The price can’t be beat and even better it works!

paul says :

Is this syrup safe for breastfeeding mothers?

John says :

The active ingredient is ELM, which is not known to cause problem during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, the manufacturer suggests consulting your doctor first.

Galega says :

It can be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding stage. Sometimes, it is prescribed for the treatment of asthma and bronchitis. However, it is strongly suggested that you must first speak to your doctor before taking it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262804681500230/k2311a0428/4.28.09