New skin Scar Therapy topical gel
  • At first there was no appreciable difference, but after 2 weeks i noticed that the scar is indeed lighter
  • My personal favourite about this product is that it DOES decrease the appearance of scars
  • I know many products out there that promises this, but does not actually work
  • This product I think would only work with scars that are not too big and not too deep
  • I like polysporin, another cream that helps with scars, does not do this, and can be applied right when the wound is first there

• by shiro_manjuu

This is a topical gel for scar therapy. This means that it is a gel that is for external use only. It is said to reduce the appearance of scars. Because I recently obtained a scar from an injury, I will evaluate this product’s effectiveness. A lot of people are affected by scars from injuries that may be minor, but will affect their ego and confidence. I too was scared of this but this product has helped me a little.

I obtained my scar when i hit a sharp corner. The scar was in the area between my eye brows, just a bit above my nose area. It wasn’t

deep but the wound line is noticeable. It can be hidden with some makeup. I tried this gel. At first there was no appreciable difference, but after 2 weeks i noticed that the scar is indeed lighter.

My personal favourite about this product is that it DOES decrease the appearance of scars. I know many products out there that promises this, but does not actually work. This on the other hand does but you need to be patience. You also need to keep on applying this and not give up. I did notice the change because i kept track with a camera. It is a bit lighter.

This product I ...

• think would only work with scars that are not too big and not too deep. I think scars like that are better healed with time and other medicated creams. I know some people after doing surgery, put on a special cream for that. Maybe other more potent creams would do the job but this is not the product.

My personal dislike is that it stings if the wound is still open. I like polysporin, another cream that helps with scars, does not do this, and can be applied right when the wound is first there. However this one, you have to wait til the wound is patted dry and

healed. That may affect if you want to buy this item or not because personally, I would want to decrease the appearance of scars RIGHT when i sustain the injury, not wait a bit.

Also, the price is not that good. $8 is not much but if you think about how much you’ll be using this item, it’s a lot. You are not going to get scars daily so you would only be using this for many a month maximum. They should have made the tube a little smaller because the reusability for this item is small. However, it IS good for small scars so I would still buy this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262804681200230/k2311a0428/4.28.09