CNE Cheese Tasting Festival Toronto  » Entertainment  »
Exhibition Place, Toronto, N2L3k5, Ontario, Canada
  • It happens during august of every year for only a week or two, and is definitely an event many Canadians go to each year
  • I learned that day that there is more to eating cheese than just munching on it
  • I personally loved this part of CNE because it is both delicious and educational
  • My favourite one is the gouda, which is a type of goat cheese
  • Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this place for travelling

• by shiro_manjuu

CNE is a festival that happens ever year, called Canadian National Exhibition. It happens during august of every year for only a week or two, and is definitely an event many Canadians go to each year. Each year, many performances and different types of foods are there for tourists and locals alike. The most memorable part is the cheese tasting festival.

This festival is very popular so you have to sign up before hand to make sure you get a seat. Also they only have limited cheese samples so that is why you have to sign up. They have an expert who comes

in to talk about cheese, and the art of tasting cheese. I learned that day that there is more to eating cheese than just munching on it! You have to push it to the back of your mouth to fully taste the richness of the cheese. They also give many cheese so you can fully enjoy the sensory pleasures.

I personally loved this part of CNE because it is both delicious and educational. I got to learn many facts about cheese that I would otherwise would not have looked up myself. I learned that the age and the content and the bacterial culture ...

• involved in making cheese matters.

They gave us some samples of cheese to eat. We got to eat many kinds from soft cheese to hard ones. My favourite one is the gouda, which is a type of goat cheese. My absolute favourite is the triple cream brie which I personally believe that everyone should try in their lifetime! I am lactose intolerant and even I believe that it should not be missed.

They also give us samples to take home, and also this cute icepack in shape of a block of cheese! The personel is very friendly which makes the cheese tasting atmosphere ever

more enjoyable. The only thing i did not like about this is the limited amount of cheese you get to taste. For a cheese lover, I think the cheese world is beyond just 5 samples! To be fully educated I would rather they shrunk the size of the seminar but increased the amount of cheese samples.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this place for travelling. It is worthwhile, fun, and the admission covers the full day. If you are not a cheese lover, then you can still learn about cheese but I can tell you that after that day, I became a cheese eater myself!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592804681190230/k2311a0428/4.28.09