The Blob movie  » Movies  »
  • Even though I've seen the sequels and remakes of the movie, I still feel this original is the best
  • I think the biggest reason I love this version of the film is it brings back a bit of nostalgia
  • But, considering when this movie was made, the plot definitely makes up for it
  • If you haven't seen the movie before, I suggest getting it

• by Steve

My wife and I ended up blowing off our housework yesterday and watched movies all day. One of the films we saw was the 1958 classic “The Blob.

” Even though I’ve seen the sequels and remakes of the movie, I still feel this original is the best.

Steve McQueen is outstanding

as the teenager who everyone thinks is a rebel and won’t listen to but still goes out of his way to convince the town it is in danger from the man-eating blob from outer space.

I think the biggest reason I love this version of the film is it brings back ...

• a bit of nostalgia.

You could go see Bella Lugosi in a movie for just 80 cents worth of admission.

Everyone drove a cool car and, when kids got into trouble, the parents were expected to discipline them; not the cops.

It actually meant something to tell a kid you are

going to call their dad.

Sure, the special effects are a bit lame.

But, considering when this movie was made, the plot definitely makes up for it.

If you haven’t seen the movie before, I suggest getting it.

But, make sure you have the original.

Anything else is just a cheap rip off of this movie.

The Blob movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112804681040130/k2311a0428/4.28.09