The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler  » Books  »
  • While I enjoyed parts of this book, such as the discussions of Jane Austen's various books, I really did not get into this book very much
  • The sequence of events was occasionally jumpy - there were some boring bits that were easy to skip over, and so I did

• by booklover
      While I enjoyed parts of this book, such as the discussions of Jane Austen’s various books, I really did not get into this book very much. It was hard to

connect to the characters, even though they, as do I, really love Jane Austen novels. It was difficult to feel that the characters were real people. The writing in the ...

• book was smooth - not too wordy nor too simple, and comfortable. The sequence of events was occasionally jumpy - there were some boring bits that were easy to skip
        over, and so I did. This made it hard to keep the flow of the events. The book was still readable, and overall pleasant to read, I just never felt very involved in it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1770768080731/k2311a077/7.7.06