Maid in Manhattan  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I saw the movie Maid in Manhattan again last night and, even though Jennifer Lopez does a somewhat decent job in it, I'm still not overly impressed with it
  • I'm sure there are some people who will think this is the best movie in the world and will swear by it

• by Steve

I saw the movie Maid in Manhattan again last night and, even though Jennifer Lopez does a somewhat decent job in it, I’m still not overly impressed with it. The movie reminds me a bit too much of about a dozen other films I’ve seen.

Lopez plays a cleaning lady who falls for a guy who is much richer than she

is and goes out of her way to hide her status in life because she wants to be with him.

Why is it the women always want to be with the richer men (who also happen to be good looking and charming)?

It was OK but the plot itself is drawn out a bit too much and becomes a little bit ...

• unrealistic at times.

Like I said before, Lopez does a decent job but I’m not sure her co-stars in this film do enough to pull their own weight.

If she wasn’t the person starring in it, I’m not even sure this movie would be as well known as it is today.

I’m sure there are some people who will think this

is the best movie in the world and will swear by it.

But, if you are anything like me (read into this as being a guy), you probably will find yourself bored with it and rolling your eyes at various points throughout the film.

In other words, you might like it, but you might find yourself hating it just as much so buyer beware.

Maid in Manhattan

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112804680710130/k2311a0428/4.28.09