Shutter movie  » Movies  »
  • I think Japan might be one of the very few countries in the world where you can have someone killed and the police will actually believe a ghost did it

• by Steve

When we rented the film Shutter this weekend I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect. I knew it was a remake of another film made in Asia somewhere and, while some movies (like The Ring) translate out to be terrifying.

Others (like the Grudge) aren’t nearly as good.

With Shutter, I ended up finding a film

that wasn’t really all that terrifying.

But, it still turned out to be a halfway decent movie.

The film follows a newly wed couple in Japan as they try to track down some woman who is appearing in all their photographs and killing some of their friends.

From the first moments, it’s unclear whether or not ...

• the ghost is mad at them for their involvement in a car accident or if it is stalking them for a number of other reasons (the truth isn’t revealed until the very last minutes of the movie too).

While not scary, I did find myself liking the mystery part, along with a description of how ghosts

will appear in photos and why.

I think Japan might be one of the very few countries in the world where you can have someone killed and the police will actually believe a ghost did it.

I think the movie, while not quite as good as I expected, has plenty of redeeming qualities to it and I definitely would recommend watching it.

Shutter movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112804680251230/k2311a0428/4.28.09