Somewhere in Time  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I think it might have been OK if he wasn't traveling through time through hypnosis

• by Steve

I’m usually a big Christopher Reeve fan but seeing his 1980 film “Somewhere in Time” yesterday was a serious disappointment for me. He did a decent job in the movie, don’t get me wrong.

So did Jane Seymour and a cast that included Christopher Plummer and a very young William H.

Macy.

But,

somehow the concept of a playwright traveling several decades into the past to meet an actress he has become obsessed with is a bit much.

I think it might have been OK if he wasn’t traveling through time through hypnosis.

That part was terribly unbelievable, even though the thought of time travel itself ...

• is always going to be a bit far fetched.

The movie did have some brilliant scenery and the love story was somewhat unique, though I would be stretching it a bit if I were to say it was entertaining.

This movie had some potential but I think it fell well short of reaching

that level.

What could have been a nice romantic movie really turned out to be a film that had you laughing in disbelief one moment and yawning the next.

If they ever re-made it, I might go to watch it just to see if they improved on it.

But, this version is not one I feel comfortable recommending.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112804680241230/k2311a0428/4.28.09