Parkeets  » Pets  »
  • About three years ago, I bought home some more parakeets
  • The key issue of hyper activity in these birds may be due to many birds living together in a small cage
  • I would also have to rinse the cage every weekend to avoid significant stainings
  • Both types of birds inhibiting aggressive and timid behaviors stayed in my cage, and I believe the selection process could have been better for me

• by Cyril

I happen to be a person very fond of pets, and my latest edition to the cage is worth explaining. About ten years ago, I introduced a pair of parakeets into the house, but they died away quickly due to lack of vitamins in the bird food. About three years ago, I bought home some more parakeets. Ever since they died, I have decided to become wise when choosing birds of wanted temperaments.

The key issue of hyper activity in these birds may be due to many birds living together in a small cage. When I introduced three birds into my cage, they seemed a bit too active. The male birds would peck each other, and constantly try regaining dominancy. Having more than one of each kind in this case is not worth it for several reasons. During the day, when the sun rose and daylight was visible, the squawking of the birds was

noise that could not be adapted to. For three years I tried adapting to their constant sqwaking, only to realize they had progressed in it. At any single time, when the lights are turned on, my group of three birds would start a chirping frenzy. During times, when I had to get going with office work or home work, the lights near my pets shelter needed to be turned off. Also, if any light was captured near the cage, they would sense a difference and chirp again. I would advise any prospective parakeet owner, to carefully choose these birds according to their sex and appropriately place them in cages of large living space.

Cleaning the cage was not the most burdensome job, since my 2 by 2 foot cage was always in need of cleanliness. If the cage was left uncleaned for two days, significant deposit would amount at the ...

• base. I would also have to rinse the cage every weekend to avoid significant stainings. The least bothersome of the cleanliness problems would be, that there feathers would occasionaly make me cough. I would feel as if I caught a bad cold, but would certainly recover if the cage was left at healthy breathing distance.

Other than the negative states of hyperactivity encountered by these three birds, I would say there most positive character is there nicely decorated and intervowen feathers. These colors are unmatched to many bird species, and the sight of them makes many bird lovers enjoy. The birds inside these feathers vary in behavior, and much analysis needs to be done before selecting. It would be near impossible to choose temperament correctly at my pet shop, because many birds at a time are housed in a small cage. I tended to enter the bird shop with the

intention of buying innocent or timid type birds. I chose to do this, because these characteristics in my view, make me content that the bird is taken care of and won’t cause to much ruckus. In contrast to this, if the birds are really aggressive they will need much more attention and care. Both types of birds inhibiting aggressive and timid behaviors stayed in my cage, and I believe the selection process could have been better for me.

Judging the overall artistic view of these birds, they are a site to with-hold. In terms of housing a series of three birds in a 2 by 2 foot cage needs to be done with very careful considerations. They will be in different behaviors after adjusting for a while in your house. I believe that choosing a bird that best matches the temperament you need is a critical first step for a content pet owner.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292804679741130/k2311a0428/4.28.09